That's entertainment!

typicalcity68 said:
Given that tickets are now £40 - £50 and that we supposedly have the creme de la creme of world talent who are on outrageous wages (in Yaya's case for simply waddling up and down the pitch), we deserve to be entertained.
Which home games have honestly been entertaining this season?
Liverpool, yes. Chelsea, yes (more intersting than entertaining) and errr...can't think of another.
At 60 or so mins, the crowd were baying for attacking intent, instead we got crab football, sideways and sideways and sideways.
Mancini needs to change his style if he wants to keep the fans on board.
His suggestion that he was going for a win is absolutely laughable.
Ok, against the Rags caution might be warranted, but not against the likes of Blackburn, Wigan etc.
At present we play with the prospect of getting 5 chances or so a game. If we had twenty chances, surely we might score more?
Just a thought.
Great Jam tune too.

I'm a Manchester City supporter; I go to the games to support the club and the team.

Whether we win, lose or draw I'll still be there to support the team.

Whether we play dour boring football or free flowing attacking football I'll still be there to support the team.

Maybe this is why the atmosphere isn't as good as it could be, too many people aren't there to support the team, but to be entertained.

So if we do win the league or claim a top 4 place or maybe win the Europa League or FA Cup, i pressume those that don't think we've done it in an entertaining wont be celebrating!!

Yes it would be great to win every game 4-0 but that's never going to happen.

I think at times a lot af fans have short memories or are of an age where they expect instant success. Nobody has a divine right to win any game. We've come a long way in a very short space of time. For the first time in a generation, we look like we can genuinely compete with anybody in the league.

To me we look a stong team, pass the ball well and look to build pressure by having possession high up the field in the oponants half. On Wednesday, they pushed on making it harder for us to do this, but we still had the ball in areas of the field where with a better final ball we could have scored. It wasn't that long ago that a 0-0 against them lot would have been the most we could hope for.

Maybe some would prefer a return to the days of Alan Ball, Frank Clarke, Stuart Pearce when we really did play entertaining football and got the results to match!

the 4-3 at OT was "entertaining" - but would rather have come away with a 0-0 bore draw.

The teams that challenge for titles are the ones that concede the fewest goals. what would people rather have today - a 4-4 draw or a 1-0 win?
Once we've actually got the 34+ year monkey off our backs then maybe the entertainment factor may rise. Until then, I'm happy with a more defensive approach.

Boston said:
So if we do win the league or claim a top 4 place or maybe win the Europa League or FA Cup, i pressume those that don't think we've done it in an entertaining wont be celebrating!!

Yes it would be great to win every game 4-0 but that's never going to happen.

I think at times a lot af fans have short memories or are of an age where they expect instant success. Nobody has a divine right to win any game. We've come a long way in a very short space of time. For the first time in a generation, we look like we can genuinely compete with anybody in the league.

To me we look a stong team, pass the ball well and look to build pressure by having possession high up the field in the oponants half. On Wednesday, they pushed on making it harder for us to do this, but we still had the ball in areas of the field where with a better final ball we could have scored. It wasn't that long ago that a 0-0 against them lot would have been the most we could hope for.

Maybe some would prefer a return to the days of Alan Ball, Frank Clarke, Stuart Pearce when we really did play entertaining football and got the results to match!

I really think some have nil memory mate. It's as if time began not even when the current manager took over, but in August 2010! And as if we have been just pipped for the title for years instead of being mostly the dire, third-rate dross that we have watched for 30 years. It staggers me how much criticism is aimed at the team and manager, and we should be third in the PL by tonight!

The key point from Wednesdays game, which I have not seen anyone pick up on, is...yes, we played 'not to lose' BUT so did the scum. I have read the papers over the last few days and we have taken lots if shit about negativity. Scum have taken none. I have never seen a scum team, in a derby game, pass the ball back to the keeper more than they did on Weds. This is surely a measure of how we have influenced their approach to the game and how far we have actually come. They now see us as a serious threat and a point at COMS as a respectable outcome for them. The clock is ticking.

stonerblue said:
I'll repeat 'til i'm blue in the face, Football is NOT entertainment. It's not a show, a spectacle or fun. Football is sport and the sole aim is to win.

This defensive approach is grinding out 0-0 draws. It's not value for money.

I was desperate to see City take u****d on and attack them.

Fans used to go to support the team. Entertainment was a bonus.
Brilliant!!

This says it all really and exactly how I feel about my club!

TBH, Feck winning 4/3, never got us anywhere. A tight one nil or 2/1 with 100% commitment & a shape that we can rely on & I can identify will do me fine.

If a few people on her whould take your sentiment on board, BM would once again be a happier place.

Get behind City then Mancini & feck the rest!!

What happened to the agreed idea that you build your team from the back, the expansive stuff comes later?

The only time he's got near to playing his best team was at WBA and I don't think anyone would say that was boring.

I would normally agree but neither team could afford to lose this Derby. Watch us go today against Brum and Fulham next week, I can see us having jostled for second spot by then after other results go away and the breakaway four will have daylight between the also rans.
Confidence breeds better performances.

Re: That's entertainment! (part deux)

Given that tickets are now £40 - £50 and that we supposedly have the creme de la creme of world talent who are on outrageous wages (in Yaya's case for simply waddling up and down the pitch), we deserve to be entertained.
Which home games have honestly been entertaining this season?
Liverpool, yes. Chelsea, yes (more intersting than entertaining) and errr...can't think of another.
At 60 or so mins, the crowd were baying for attacking intent, instead we got crab football, sideways and sideways and sideways.
Mancini needs to change his style if he wants to keep the fans on board.
His suggestion that he was going for a win is absolutely laughable.
Ok, against the Rags caution might be warranted, but not against the likes of Blackburn, Wigan etc.
At present we play with the prospect of getting 5 chances or so a game. If we had twenty chances, surely we might score more?
Just a thought.
Great Jam tune too.

See also..................Birmingham ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.