thats it then..

cleavers said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
Today we proved we are a club going forward no panic buys who we struggle to offload and no loan signings.
How can we struggle to offload a loan signing ? rectified just read it back typed it wrong.

Didn't expect anyone in, so not disappointed, we were told 6 weeks ago we wouldn't sign anyone, we didn't (well not quite).

CTID101 said:
robsta said:
CTID101 said:
What did you expect?
Kolo and Yaya will be back soon as will Razak. Richards isn't too far away as well.

We can't/won't be signing anyone until more players have left.

Which one of them we playing as our 4th striker ? Suppose Richards has played up top for 5 mins spells at times.
We don't need one.

Balotelli has been the fourth choice all season and look at how much he has played, he may as well not have been here.

We can change formation and utilize Sinclair or Lopes etc if really necessary.

It is just ridiculous we have four strikers all of which are 20m+ players and on 100k+. No one in world football has that.

Agree that we don't need 4 x £20m strikers but disagree we don't need a 4th at all. and ok we can say we are no worse off because Balotelli has hardly played but we needed to be better off and that should have been dealt with in the summer.

Don't get me wrong I am not all doom and gloom about it but you quoted midfielders and defenders coming back when the problem this season has been us not hitting the back of the net enough.

I know we also have Guidetti but he is young, unproven at this level and most importantly, he has been out for most of the season. It would be wrong to heap pressure on him by chucking him on to try and win a game for us. Surely we have learned from those errors of the past. He should be blooded when we are 3-0, 4-0 up but we are unlikely to be in that position.

I am pretty disappointed to be honest and also pretty shocked that we sold Balotelli without a replacement to come in. Like him or loathe him, he made a difference when he came on and undoubted had an effect on the opposition who largely feared him. He wasn't bad at high pressure penalties either! Lose the league on a last day Tevez or Aguero missed penalty and lets see how happy everyone is that we sold Balotelli.

If we had someone else lined up, then fair enough. But to sell him and not replace? What was the point? Save a couple of mill on wages until Summer? Very bizarre thinking if you ask me.

But, trying to look on the positive side, keeping 4 top strikers happy was never easy. Maybe just maybe they will start to perform better now there are only 3 going for 2 places. It could not have been a good feeling coming on and knowing that unless you played a blinder, you were likely to get subbed off or even dropped. And in the case of Dzeko, subbed off or dropped, even if you have played a blinder.

Maybe it was too much pressure on them and that's why the goals dried up. Scoring goals is all about composure in front of goal - something we have seen very little of (actually none) from Aguero and Tevez lately. Composure is about having confidence. Confidence is a fickle and frail animal and is easily damaged if you feel under constant pressure to perform, or else. Maybe Balotelli's departure, in a weird and unexpected way, will actually give our strikers their confidence back. Who knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.