Thats it were in the bottom 3 :(

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Ric said:
I think it would only be fair to give him tomorrow's game too. A win would put us 12th. Seems like some people are blaming Hughes for Sunderland winning today.
Firstly, it difficult to see how we would beat Revesby Workers' U12s at the moment.
And secondly, if by some miracle we ended up 12th, it would be misleading as to our form this year. We really are for the most part playing like a relegation team.

Absolutely untrue. Our goal difference alone tells u we don't play like the other teams in the relegation zone. The points say there are a lot of mediocre teams in the league with similar point totals to us and this will fluctuate throughout the season. I still think we need some leadership in defence. A few good purchases in Jan will send us up the table. Hughes is doing what he can with what he has.

I think firing off the back of today's results would be foolish.... firing him if it is based on our result tomorrow is another story it's hard to see that he won't get these 3 games irrespective of the result though, 3 games in 7 days kind of forces your hand on that.

bluespana said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Firstly, it difficult to see how we would beat Revesby Workers' U12s at the moment.
And secondly, if by some miracle we ended up 12th, it would be misleading as to our form this year. We really are for the most part playing like a relegation team.

Absolutely untrue. Our goal difference alone tells u we don't play like the other teams in the relegation zone. The points say there are a lot of mediocre teams in the league with similar point totals to us and this will fluctuate throughout the season. I still think we need some leadership in defence. A few good purchases in Jan will send us up the table. Hughes is doing what he can with what he has.

Hahaha with what he has as a squad plus 5 of his own signings plus £50m in Robinho and Jo, he has dragged us into the bottom 3. Where as last season we were 5th in the laegue with 16 points more than today.

"Hughes is doing what he can with what he has" please dont expect sensible people to believe your crap.

bluespana said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:

Goal difference counts for very little, it's points that determines your position on the table.
The fact that our smallest win is 3-0 is actually a concern, as it shows our inability to get stuck and ground out a result.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
bluespana said:
Goal difference counts for very little, it's points that determines your position on the table.
The fact that our smallest win is 3-0 is actually a concern, as it shows our inability to get stuck and ground out a result.

It also shows MH is a useless red Tw@t that needs sacking.

RobsondeSouza said:
It also shows MH is a useless red Tw@t that needs sacking.

100% correct and it baffles me why there are so many people in favour of 'giving him time'. When in the time that he's had he's dragged us down to the relegation places. What exactly is it that people see in him? Or is it a personal thing whereby they are too stubborn and proud to admit they are wrong? Why do people equate supporting your team with supporting a shite manager. Rightly criticising Hughes does not make you less of a City fan. I just can't understand what people are putting their faith in- which is what leads me to the losing face and pride conclusion.

Amongst many other threads, I distinctly remember the 'Liverpool game being an acid test for us ' thread in October. A test to see if we're ready to be up there in and around the top 6. Now 2 months later West fucking Brom are our acid test. a test to see if we can stave off relegation. Bit of a difference, and amazing how people quickly alter there opinions and lower their expectations in accordance with our league position. Some people just want to disagree with you whatever the situation. it's in their nature.

I hope to god we win today a) because I'm a City fan and that's what fans ultimately do- want their team to win and b) coz if we don't we're in shittier street than the one we're already in. But Hughes cannot be let off the hook even if we do, simply for getting us in this posititon.

Tin hat at the ready for all those who are intent on attacking anyone who dares suggest there may be a problem or that the manager is a clueless muppet. The facts speak for themselves. Not so long ago the top four opponents were our acid test- now we're in the relegation zone. No, you're totally right. There's nothing for City fans to worry about- and how dare we even suggest it.

Anyone who has a problem with our current form and is worried that we're in the drop zone should shut up and not be remotely worried. Coz it's only December- the season's not over yet! The fact that 2 months ago we were aiming for top 6 and now we're in 6 pointers with the bottom 3 is NOTHING to worry about. Coz the man who put us there will rescue us. (don't ask why he put us there in the first place. It's forbidden.)

Great rant maineroader, I'm right with you.

The "stability" people are beginning to drive me mad, though they are getting less and less by the day.

we ALL support City.
Our premiership survival is paramount. Above and beyond "stability" I hate to say.

Believe you me , if we lose this game against shitty WBA we all know we are not good enough to beat the league's worst team.
it doesn't matter if the table is bunched and one win moves us up 6 places blah blah blah.
Show me that fucking win City. Then keep doing it and I'll lay off MH.

Nothing showed so far.

allyboy said:
Great rant maineroader, I'm right with you.

The "stability" people are beginning to drive me mad, though they are getting less and less by the day.

we ALL support City.
Our premiership survival is paramount. Above and beyond "stability" I hate to say.

Believe you me , if we lose this game against shitty WBA we all know we are not good enough to beat the league's worst team.
it doesn't matter if the table is bunched and one win moves us up 6 places blah blah blah.
Show me that fucking win City. Then keep doing it and I'll lay off MH.

Nothing showed so far.

the stability people are deluded. and that's not an insult- back off coz i'm not having a personal dig- but you are. for the simple fact that there is no stability. we are in a precarious position and hiding behind the ' you shouldn't sack your manager now/ who are we going to get at this stage of the season' diatribe is not applicable in this case. Hughes is not good for this club or we wouldn't be where we are now.

If he's led us to here, yet he can lift us up then why on earth did he lead us here in the first place?
Why demoralise the players & fans and put a serious dent in our ability to attract top players by taking us to such a low position?

What's he doing? Just having a mess about i visiting all the various positions in the table before leading us to 7th place?

we should not be in this positon- and the money's got nowt to do with it coz we've not had chance to spend it. we just shouldn't be here full stop. And if we had a good manager we wouldn't be. Saying that does not make me a lesser City fan. It makes me the fan i've always been-through thick and thin but it's high time we stopped being a joke and started winning stuff. And I can't and never did see Hughes as the man to change that for us. If anything he's made it worse- coz, stupidly, other people's expectations of us are higher now we are rich. But as I said, even without the money, our current form & position gives ample opportunity for all our knockers to keep laughing and taking the piss.

Fucking sick of it and just want someone to turn it all round for us. And I'd rather we did it steadily instead of in our usual roller coaster style- coz that joke isn't funny anymore.

Fours years of relative success doesn't make you a clueless muppet overnight but believe what you want to believe. Every manager goes through trials and tribulations and I don't think he's had adequate time to put his stamp on a team of his players.

Juan de Ramos was the ''greatest'' manager in the world last year when he won a trophy with Spurs. He didn't become useless overnight. Who knows how much of Tot'ham's problems were the players' fault or the manager's fault. Time will prove the wiser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.