The 100/104 goal chase

I've already done it now. It's only £60 and I've asked to see the terms and conditions three times and been told they don't have them available so they can't defend something without the original terms. If they suddenly produce them I'll challenge through that route. As far as I remember it says the offer has to be redeemable within 3 months of joining. The offer was a free bet which I redeemed. They then changed their minds and said it had to be settled within 3 months which I don't recall. I also argue they have a responsibility to reject bets that don't meet their terms at point of sale just as any other industry would.

As its an online bet it should be declined at the point of sale, however they could argue the bet had three months to be declared a winner. You are quite right that redeemable and settled are completely different but 3 months to redeem a bet is a long time, generally its a week (four days and less in some cases) to a month on new accounts/free bets. Not sure how you can prove what you are arguing but Betfair should have removed the bet from your account once the 3 months had expired, the fact they didn't is in your favour. Its all down to the interpretation of redeemed and settled and proof this was on the promotion.

You have in my opinion been completely shafted and you probably didn't know about IBAS, they are very effective and the threat of getting them involved was enough for Betway to pay me last week under disputed circumstances for a bet I placed in January. As i said the dispute is looked at in the name of fairness and not on legal, moot points.

Reading these stories is eye-opening. As someone who rarely bets, I didn’t realise it was like this. It’s disgusting. They get people addicted and then refuse to pay them out when they do actually win. Scamming fucks.

Reading these stories is eye-opening. As someone who rarely bets, I didn’t realise it was like this. It’s disgusting. They get people addicted and then refuse to pay them out when they do actually win. Scamming fucks.
Yep, not necessarily getting people addicted but they do mask their introductory offers with all kinds of T & C's, even William Hill a once respected bookmaker were fined 6.2m recently for not conforming to rules of social responsibilities and money laundering, (it was more the latter). This was most down to the FOBT roulette gaming machines, the Government is taking action and this week confirmed the maximum bet per spin will be £2 down from £100!

If you are a regular winner on Bookmakers sites (professional punters mainly) they restrict your stakes and stop you receiving bonuses and sometimes bar you. Also the bookmakers are tracking your activity if you use multiple sites, charlatans. https://www.geegeez.co.uk/iesnare-how-bookmakers-are-spying-on-you-from-your-own-computer/

As its an online bet it should be declined at the point of sale, however they could argue the bet had three months to be declared a winner. You are quite right that redeemable and settled are completely different but 3 months to redeem a bet is a long time, generally its a week (four days and less in some cases) to a month on new accounts/free bets. Not sure how you can prove what you are arguing but Betfair should have removed the bet from your account once the 3 months had expired, the fact they didn't is in your favour. Its all down to the interpretation of redeemed and settled and proof this was on the promotion.

You have in my opinion been completely shafted and you probably didn't know about IBAS, they are very effective and the threat of getting them involved was enough for Betway to pay me last week under disputed circumstances for a bet I placed in January. As i said the dispute is looked at in the name of fairness and not on legal, moot points.

Thank you for this. I recall the offer, which had to be redeemed, was a bet. I redeemed the offer, by way of a bet, the day I opened my account. I did see IBAS when I did some research and I and I still may go down this route. I also agree it should have been declined just as many other bets would have.

Thank you for this. I recall the offer, which had to be redeemed, was a bet. I redeemed the offer, by way of a bet, the day I opened my account. I did see IBAS when I did some research and I and I still may go down this route. I also agree it should have been declined just as many other bets would have.
Good luck, it feels like a kick in the teeth, a general rule of betting was "if you cant win then you cant lose", as an example when betting tax was 10% you could have £10 on a 1/10 chance which would be £11 back less £1.10 tax giving a return for £9.90 for backing a winner so the bookmaker gave the tenner back. Same in your case, your couldn't win so you should have been told that and given the option of an alternative wager.

Anyone know if any bookies offering this again?
Think the best odds you're getting are around 5/1 which in my opinion isn't worth it really, 4 teams have done it out of 500. Lump on us winning the league instead, won me over 2k last year and I'm putting the winnings and stake on a repeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.