The 100/104 goal chase

Betfair are trying to renege on mine as I placed it with an opening free bet which they have stated must be wagered and redeemed within 3 months. I have argued that it was wagered within 3 months of the offer being made and redeemed within 3 months of the culmination of the bet. They are telling me now that's it's settled and will be credited on Sunday so I'll have to see what they do. It's no longer showing in my settled bets or open bets so I don't have a good feeling. I've kept all the transcript of the conversation so I'll see what happens. I wouldn't mind I'm getting the bug a bit now so they'll get it back next season anyway!!

Did they pay out?

No mate. They offered £150 which I refused. I’ve issued a claim in small claims court as they are unwilling or unable to provide the terms of the offer.

Utterly disgusting, I hope you win your claim, tales like this make me hope I give up gambling as it shows bookmakers are the worst losers of all and don't deserve our money.
Their defence of those shop machines has also been disgusting and I am glad the government have capped them at £2 a spin.

Same with me, in January I had £20 on Palace v City 0-0 but I didn't take the price which was 16/1, when it came in I went round to the bookies to collect £340, guy in the shop tried to fob me off with £120 citing the price came in in running, told him I didn't bet in running I put my bet on at 12.30pm, the k.o was 1.30, he still wouldn't pay so I just said I'm taking this betting slip to the papers, he then got on the phone to his manager, and only then did they pay me out, I haven't been in since.

No mate. They offered £150 which I refused. I’ve issued a claim in small claims court as they are unwilling or unable to provide the terms of the offer.
Small claims will cost you and you will probably lose as to the letter of the law you admit it says redeemable. Go through their appeals process, record everything and tell them if you don't get a resolution you will go to IBAS, https://www.ibas-uk.com/consumers/how-to-raise-a-dispute/
Betfair are a member and this is by far the best way of getting a result as it's not based on a legality, it's more on fairness, good luck .

Small claims will cost you and you will probably lose as to the letter of the law you admit it says redeemable. Go through their appeals process, record everything and tell them if you don't get a resolution you will go to IBAS, https://www.ibas-uk.com/consumers/how-to-raise-a-dispute/
Betfair are a member and this is by far the best way of getting a result as it's not based on a legality, it's more on fairness, good luck .

I've already done it now. It's only £60 and I've asked to see the terms and conditions three times and been told they don't have them available so they can't defend something without the original terms. If they suddenly produce them I'll challenge through that route. As far as I remember it says the offer has to be redeemable within 3 months of joining. The offer was a free bet which I redeemed. They then changed their minds and said it had to be settled within 3 months which I don't recall. I also argue they have a responsibility to reject bets that don't meet their terms at point of sale just as any other industry would.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.