The 6-1 was like a bully getting his comeuppance

mackenzie said:
The decisive moment, for me anyway, was when we beat them in the semi final. That was when I knew we were starting to turn the corner and leave 'typical City' behind.
The 1/6 was also bloody great though.
Don't think the rags at work have even referred to football generally since. ;-)
agree with that. No united fan has mentioned football to me since. The best is before the derby I said silva best play in the league. They all laughed I said it after 6-1 there response..silence. I said dzeko to come good stuck a bet on him being top goal scorer..they laughed. Now no one mentions him to me.

bluemanc said:
stony said:
speccybob 8 said:
I live close to it but never been in it I don't think.

I used to live around the corner but I stayed away because the Heywood rags osc met there. I think bluemanc goes in and he says it's ok.
Yes i do,the landlords a rag but he takes no shit off anyone whatsoever no matter what colour of shirt,trouble free zone.
No singing no being a twat allowed.

That's me not going in there then!! ;)

was anyone else screaming..go on humiliate them, embarrass them at about 3 - 0 and by fuck did we!!!

all that money they've spent for so long and we fucking humiliated them lol

It will live with me forever.......

Balti said:
was anyone else screaming..go on humiliate them, embarrass them at about 3 - 0 and by fuck did we!!!

all that money they've spent for so long and we fucking humiliated them lol

It will live with me forever.......
that was exactly me to my lad.humiliate them.i'm nearly 50 now i never thought i'd see the day.the wife thought i had lost the plot ha ha.

I don't recall whether it was Martin Buchan *intentionally* putting 29yo Colin Bell out of the game forever or George Best nearly getting Glyn Pardoe's leg amputated.

But at one (not both) of those games, we (me included) retaliated to "We hope he's broke his leg" with "Munich, Munich". It made the red chant turn to boos, so was kinda justified at the time.

Frank Swift died on that plane too, so my sympathy and apologies to his descendants.

I recall the scum chant exactly as I cited above, but it was a long time ago and can't be absolutely certain it's verbatim. Anyone got the game recorded?

Best eventually got a booking for his horrendous tackle on our Glyn.

United, Leeds and Chelsea were already known for their intentional leg-breaking tackles and relied on that intimidation to get opponents to release the ball.

Shame Clive Thomas wasn't given those kind of matches. He had a traffic warden mentality (as is now compulsory), but might at least have offered City a bit of protection.

The 6-1 result and winning the title were brilliant, but being at The Swamp to see a certain Denis Law goal has to be my ultimate moment of City magic.

Eternal thanks to Handforth's Hector Heathcote (twin sister's then boyfriend) for getting me in! It was the first time I'd been denied a derby ticket and I was living over 200 miles train ride away by then. But I went up to Salford anyway and will never regret it!

BTW, Did I mention what team I support? ;-)

The future's bright. The future's blue.

This win nearly fucked up our season.

From the 1-6 win to the Arsenal game, United picked up 13 more points than we did. They completely changed the way they played, almost going back to basics, lots of 1-0 wins.

As bizarre as this sounds, beating United 1-6 was almost the worst thing we did this season.

Now, of course, it doesn't matter what it nearly did or didn't do because we are CHAMPIONS!<br /><br />-- Wed May 30, 2012 7:46 am --<br /><br />
Basil2 said:
I don't recall whether it was Martin Buchan *intentionally* putting 29yo Colin Bell out of the game forever or George Best nearly getting Glyn Pardoe's leg amputated.

But at one (not both) of those games, we (me included) retaliated to "We hope he's broke his leg" with "Munich, Munich". It made the red chant turn to boos, so was kinda justified at the time.

Frank Swift died on that plane too, so my sympathy and apologies to his descendants.

I recall the scum chant exactly as I cited above, but it was a long time ago and can't be absolutely certain it's verbatim. Anyone got the game recorded?

Best eventually got a booking for his horrendous tackle on our Glyn.

United, Leeds and Chelsea were already known for their intentional leg-breaking tackles and relied on that intimidation to get opponents to release the ball.

Shame Clive Thomas wasn't given those kind of matches. He had a traffic warden mentality (as is now compulsory), but might at least have offered City a bit of protection.

The 6-1 result and winning the title were brilliant, but being at The Swamp to see a certain Denis Law goal has to be my ultimate moment of City magic.

Eternal thanks to Handforth's Hector Heathcote (twin sister's then boyfriend) for getting me in! It was the first time I'd been denied a derby ticket and I was living over 200 miles train ride away by then. But I went up to Salford anyway and will never regret it!

BTW, Did I mention what team I support? ;-)

The future's bright. The future's blue.
Old Trafford is in Stretford, not Salford!

Old Trafford is in Stretford, not Salford!

Well it did used to be Salfords rubbish tip, and the area is Dumpington NOT old trafford*, its unclear if Trafford council leased it out to Salford or vice versa but I think it was signed over to Salford on the break up of the De Trafford estate and Trafford eventully bought it.

* Old trafford is the area to the right of Chester road and the name of the cricket ground, you turned left onto Warwick rd to go to the dump............Some things never change ;0)

Yes the 6 1 was marvellous, but I also felt that from that day a lot things started to conspire against city, which would have carried on, not untill Patrick viera brought it to everyone's attention it would carried on.

After the 6-1 I kept thinking of the scene in 'Scum' where ray winstone batters the bully and says "I'm the daddy now", but until the league was won I couldn't fully appreciate the moment. If the rags had pipped us it would have been typical revenge.
All the rags at work just keep their heads down and we don't have to say much, but I know deep down theyre dying inside, lol

After that battering teh rags did an ad in pakistan (footie picking up fair amount of popularity there too) where a team of kids in sky blue were bullies and the team in red were the victims, then camalgob and his fag mates come and play for the red team and win.

I dont know, but i wouldnt be surprised if it was replicated all over that part of the world

[youtube]ILr7HkGCeuk[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.