The 70 pt Trajectory

If you forget all the stats, we need wins at Burnley, Fulham & West Ham then we need 4 wins out of our 6 homes games (or 3 wins and two draws).

That's do-able. Beat Wigan, rags & Brum at home and then a win or two draws from Everton, Spurs & Villa. Fulham away would appear to be the key game - 3 points there is crucial.

tottingham's run in looks like a nightmare. villa's looks the easiest on paper, but that means nothing.

it's going to come down to the 2 games at home against them.

scall said:

Here's my updated graph.

For us to reach 70 points by the end of the season, we should currently be on 53.42 points, we're on 50.

If we'd have won at home against Spurs, we'd be pretty dead on target, so we are a game behind really on the average points.

Interesting to see that Mancini has pretty much performed on target for that 70 points, whereas Hughes was either above or below the target.

Ermmmm...................... eh? We haven't played Spurs at home yet.

I got bored at work and have looked at remaining fixtures for all clubs and have projected these totals:

City 70
Villa 67
Liverpool 67
Spurs 66

The fact that Villa and Spurs are both still caught up in the FA Cup could still prove a distraction for them - same hopefully for L'pool in the Europa. Plus more games = more chances of picking up injuries & suspensions.

Spurs may have Chelsea, arse and rags all in a row but when they have those games we also have Birmingham, rags and the arse so not that much advantage. I suspect 69 will get 4th or maybe 68

the goats backside said:
Spurs may have Chelsea, arse and rags all in a row but when they have those games we also have Birmingham, rags and the arse so not that much advantage. I suspect 69 will get 4th or maybe 68

69 would put us in a great position... ;o)

Get my coat now....thank you and goodnight

Would it be such a disaster if we missed 4th place? Im beginning to steel myself in case we miss out.
Firstly how would we perform if we did get into the CL we would have some new players but these most probably have been in the world cup and could be knackered, also we would have the same problem we had at the start of this season, new team not used to playing with each other. How far could we realistically go in our first season in the champs league?
A long run in the europa could be more beneficial than an early exit from the CL, it would give us experience in playing in europe, it would allow new players to mould into the exisiting team and allow a sustained attempt on the premiership and domestic cups. The season after next after the players have had a normal summer break would be the one when we could mount a serious challenge in the champs league.
Of course if we get fourth that would be great but im just trying to convince myself that if we miss out then it wouldnt depress me too much

BobKowalski said:
69 points is fine if that qualifies you for CL. 72 points is shite if you miss CL by a point or so.

In short who f**king knows.

Agree, but still fun spending the time trying to work out all the scenerios

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.