The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Glad it helped, mate. Keep your eyes peeled later this week on the "Off Topic" board for some more therapy :)

Thanks to @Marklr for your pick. The question is, was Foxtrot a revelation to some? Well, it certainly attracted a lot of attention with 20 people wading in on the scoring - that's the second best week in terms of participation, so well done to all and let's keep the momentum going.

Whilst it divided opinion throughout the week, Foxtrot kept scoring at a fair old rate before taking a little dip at the end. It's like watching somebody throw a Javelin at the olympics and thinking "this is gonna be huge!" before seeing it's nose hit the turf just short of the WR and OR lines. It finally landed in a congested area of the leaderboard with an average of 6.75.

Next up is a man down under @Bill Walker. At this point I generally ask the nominator to offer up a few clues but I guess Bill may well be in bed and the next time we hear from him, he may well have posted his nomination.
ooohh! 6.75 is just below my acceptable score of 7. We'll have to re-do it all.....there must have been a mis-score somewhere. We need a recount. I'll start again.
My choice this week is Foxtrot by Ge....
hehe.

in the meantime... can a few of you give Iron Butterfly a go and score, running low on votes for that one.

what else have you got in your life that's more important than listening to a psychedelic band from the 60's play the same loop over for 20 mins in one of their songs ?
Come on mate, you can't rush a seminal album like butterfly ;-)

in the meantime... can a few of you give Iron Butterfly a go and score, running low on votes for that one.

what else have you got in your life that's more important than listening to a psychedelic band from the 60's play the same loop over for 20 mins in one of their songs ?
Some of these er, random picks, it’s a bit like being told you’ve got to eat your greens. When do we get jelly and ice cream?

ooohh! 6.75 is just below my acceptable score of 7. We'll have to re-do it all.....there must have been a mis-score somewhere. We need a recount. I'll start again.
My choice this week is Foxtrot by Ge....
hehe.
That seems a good average.
I'd score it more than the 6 I gave it now, because a week isn't long enough to get to know an album like this.
In a year or so it may be an 8.
So don't be too disheartened, many on here have never experienced prog. You have the advantage of time.
Still, a great pick mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.