The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Thanks everybody for their reviews. Some amazing write-ups ..even the ones that are wrong!! haha. It's a challenge having to read other people's views on your favourite music....and just accepting that we all have different tastes. It's the way our brains are wired. We approach music from different angles and have different expectations. What works for me, may irritate another...and there are no rules. I could like one song for one reason but hate another song for that same reason....if you get me. But...Supper's Ready IS the best epic song. Ever. Fight me over it.

Just like to say as well...it's been a bit of a shit, low 2 weeks for me ...coming off certain meds,. having a cnut of a cold and lack of sleep are fucking about with my brain..., so doing this has really helped keep my head a bit more focused. Cheer's everyone...now i hand the baton over to Big Bill Walker. Sounds like an Australian outlaw haha.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for their reviews. Some amazing write-ups ..even the ones that are wrong!! haha. It's a challenge having to read other people's views on your favourite music....and just accepting that we all have different tastes. It's the way our brains are wired. We approach music from different angles and have different expectations. What works for me, may irritate another...and there are no rules. I could like one song for one reason but hate another song for that same reason....if you get me. But...Supper's Ready IS the best epic song. Ever. Fight me over it.

Just like to say as well...it's been a bit of a shit, low 2 weeks for me ...coming off certain meds,. having a cnut of a cold and lack of sleep are fucking about with my brain..., so doing this has really helped keep my head a bit more focused. Cheer's everyone...now i hand the baton over to Big Bill Walker. Sounds like an Australian outlaw haha.

*edit.

Onholiday(somemightsay) are you next, mate?​

It was a great pick mate - as per usual it's going to divide opinion. I find these threads can be therapeutic at times - keep well.

My Mrs was fucking amazed that you thawed me out on something associated with Phil Collins.

BW is up next I believe - I was responsible for the Rage Against the Machine-gate............ ;-)

It was a great pick mate - as per usual it's going to divide opinion. I find these threads can be therapeutic at times - keep well.

My Mrs was fucking amazed that you thawed me out on something associated with Phil Collins.

BW is up next I believe - I was responsible for the Rage Against the Machine-gate............ ;-)
Yeah...just got a bit confused haha. I've just checked the list. Going from RAGTM to Foxtrot. That's what it's all about.

*edit.

Onholiday(somemightsay) are you next, mate?​

Like it or not, it was a great pick. I've learnt such a lot about this genre due to the discussion generated.
For me, that's what this thread gives, an insight into others tastes and opinions, and the chance to discover music that I ordinarily wouldn't listen to.
Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for the experience.

Just like to say as well...it's been a bit of a shit, low 2 weeks for me ...coming off certain meds,. having a cnut of a cold and lack of sleep are fucking about with my brain..., so doing this has really helped keep my head a bit more focused.
Glad it helped, mate. Keep your eyes peeled later this week on the "Off Topic" board for some more therapy :)

Thanks to @Marklr for your pick. The question is, was Foxtrot a revelation to some? Well, it certainly attracted a lot of attention with 20 people wading in on the scoring - that's the second best week in terms of participation, so well done to all and let's keep the momentum going.

Whilst it divided opinion throughout the week, Foxtrot kept scoring at a fair old rate before taking a little dip at the end. It's like watching somebody throw a Javelin at the olympics and thinking "this is gonna be huge!" before seeing it's nose hit the turf just short of the WR and OR lines. It finally landed in a congested area of the leaderboard with an average of 6.75.

Next up is a man down under @Bill Walker. At this point I generally ask the nominator to offer up a few clues but I guess Bill may well be in bed and the next time we hear from him, he may well have posted his nomination.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.