The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

a flower ?!

Early Genesis are a great band for sure - so much talent and musicianship for such a young group as shown here on foxtrot.

once again a pick dominated by its side 2 epic - this one being ‘Supper’s ready’ there’s simply no way you can listen to this once and give a review, each listen brings so many new elements- but who has the time to listen to a 23 min song over and over! Well fortunately I’ve heard it about 6 times - which grew on me more and more - some real beautiful moments throughout and some eerie haunting moments aswell , some parts I could easily skip.

lyrically and I think the same for most with Prog rock - I don’t find much connection - some of it might aswell be quotes from Lord of the rings as I haven’t a scooby what the plot is about unless I do some intellectual research where everyone has different fantasy version

I would urge everyone unfamiliar with early Genesis and ‘Supper’s ready’ to watch the live show they did in the 70’s - it’s outstanding - Peter Gabriel is mesmerising as a front man, love his voice.

rest of the album is just ‘ok’ for me, ‘watcher of the skies’ has a awesome intro but then I got a bit bored. ‘Timetable’ and ‘Horizons’ are nice songs - the rest I found pretty tedious and just waited in anticipation for ‘supper’s ready’ which overshadows the rest.

anyway, great pick, enjoyed a lot.

6/10

Last edited:
a flower ?!

Early Genesis are a great band for sure - so much talent and musicianship for such a young group as shown here on foxtrot.

once again a pick dominated by its side 2 epic - this one being ‘Supper’s ready’ there’s simply no way you can listen to this once and give a review, each listen brings so many new elements- but who has the time to listen to a 23 min song over and over! Well fortunately I’ve heard it about 6 times - which grew on me more and more - some real beautiful moments throughout and some eerie haunting moments aswell , some parts I could easily skip.

lyrically and I think the same for most with Prog rock - I don’t find much connection - some of it might aswell be quotes from Lord of the rings as I haven’t a scooby what the plot is about unless I do some intellectual research where everyone has different fantasy version

I would urge everyone unfamiliar with early Genesis and ‘Supper’s ready’ to watch the live show they did in the 70’s - it’s outstanding - Peter Gabriel is mesmerising as a front man, love his voice.

rest of the album is just ‘ok’ for me, ‘watcher of the skies’ has a awesome intro but then I got a bit bored. ‘Timetable’ and ‘Horizons’ are nice songs - the rest I found pretty tedious and just waited in anticipation for ‘supper’s ready’ which overshadowes the rest.

anyway, great pick, enjoyed a lot.

6/10
You feeling any better mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.