The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Might be pressed for time to give more comment later but I’ll try. Just in case though it’s a 6. Didn’t feel like it ever got going for me but Love is the Drug and Both Ends Burning are great tracks.

My wife sort of liked it but remembers Avalon more fondly then tried to backtrack because she thought she should like the earlier stuff better. If Slave to Love is on Avalon along with the title track that version of Roxy Music suits me better
Slave to Love is Bryan Ferry solo — it’s on “Boys and Girls”, another very good record IMO (and might as well just be a Roxy record).

It was with a couple of caveats. The sound system was not great. Muddy and a persistent echo. First gig I have experienced at Murrayfield with that problem. The seats are small enough for normal sized and we got sat next to the worlds largest and most obnoxious americans. They shouted at us that they were Bruce's biggest fans, had followed him for 35 years round the world and had paid enormous wonga for their seats (as if the rest of us hadn't). They also announced to the world that they were going to parteeeee come what may.
They proceeded to bounce up and down throwing their 20st+ in all directions, despite the fact that the entire west stand was sitting at this early stage, listening to the music. Didn't last long thankfully as they were told by all to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. Scotland has always been very good with international relations. Oh, did I mention that one of the clowns managed to spill a pint of tennants best all over the row in front (and me).

Towards the end they were allowed to partee with the rest of us but I don't think my hips will ever recover from being part of a US/Scottish sandwich.

Bruce was Bruce. Set of 3hours, all the faves, E Street band very good. First time I have seen Clem Clemons son live and he was excellent. I want whatever Bruce is taking - he looks fucking great despite his age.
I went last night too, I think it’s probably the last time he’ll tour the UK so we did the 4 hour drive and stayed over night.First time I’ve been to Murrayfield , I hope the organisation is better for the rugby!
I agree the sound was poor but as usual Bruce put on a good show and a great set list.
i thought there may have been an interval just so he could a little rest, he’s amazing for 73.

Jakes Clarence’s nephew , I’ve seen him a few times he’s a very good sax player.

I went last night too, I think it’s probably the last time he’ll tour the UK so we did the 4 hour drive and stayed over night.First time I’ve been to Murrayfield , I hope the organisation is better for the rugby!
I agree the sound was poor but as usual Bruce put on a good show and a great set list.
i thought there may have been an interval just so he could a little rest, he’s amazing for 73.

Jakes Clarence’s nephew , I’ve seen him a few times he’s a very good sax player.
ok soz. thought it was his lad.
did you get a good seat?
We didn't have any problems with the organisation but compared to The Etihad, Murrayfield is a grubby hole.
Hope your hotel was decent and you enjoyed Edinburgh.

ok soz. thought it was his lad.
did you get a good seat?
We didn't have any problems with the organisation but compared to The Etihad, Murrayfield is a grubby hole.
Hope your hotel was decent and you enjoyed Edinburgh.
We in the front standing area , I thought The Etihad was ok .
yes it is.
We fortunately stayed at my mates uncles , the hotel prices for last night were extortionate!
yes ,it’s a long time since I’ve been so had a few drinks in the city before and after and got an Uber back to Penicuik.

We in the front standing area , I thought The Etihad was ok .
yes it is.
We fortunately stayed at my mates uncles , the hotel prices for last night were extortionate!
yes ,it’s a long time since I’ve been so had a few drinks in the city before and after and got an Uber back to Penicuik.
Nice one mate. The front standing area looked great for atmosphere. I had a JustPark 5 mins from the stadium so was home by 10.30 for the after show party.

What time are we expecting the next guy? I missed the last two rounds of clue fun, up for scratching my head a bit this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.