The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

I like True Colours very much but have only liked bits and pieces of their other stuff, like Frenzy and whichever it was that came after Waiata (Time and Tide I think?) but as with XTC and Mummer/Big Express, I liked individual songs on other records but not the other records on the whole as much. (I realiz(s)e this is likely to make me a pariah with XTC fans who like the stuff before and/or after those two records). I didn't cotton to Tim Finn's solo stuff at ALL, but I did like Crowded House.

As for Midnight Oil, I guess I never really put them in a pecking order -- owning one MO record and owning two SE records I guess you could say that I rank SE "higher" but that seems silly.

Sometimes when you hear a record you really love the other stuff a band does is disappointing by comparison, so you stop exploring and cherish the record you really love; other times, a whole catalog gets opned up and the band becomes an all-time
Much appreciated Fog and agree with your sentiment often just too much to explore and in my case you become a victim of your own indecision.

Back to Paul Westerberg and the Stinsons for me.

That's what I'm talkin' about! Need some more club electronica up in this here thread. Loved these guys when I saw them open for New Order and I have worn out the grooves on "Dig Your Own Hole."

This'll be interesting!

(I'll see how this goes before I decide whether to keep or scrub Bentley Rhythm Ace off my list of possibles)

I was blown away by the chemical brothers doing exit planet dust live as the warm up for oasis circa 1995. One of my favourite albums. Prefer that to the latter stuff but will enjoy this on the drive home tonight.

Not going to be easy.
I have the cup ties to keep me grumpy.
It is doing a fine job as well.
Cannot wait for the Rush ties.
Inevitably someone picked a Radiohead tune over there.

Since no one on this thread is dumb enough to risk picking a whole album by those fake-brooding, hookless, arid billionaire poseur moaning sallow sourpusses, I am looking forward to my inevitable chance to unleash my fury on that thread . . . .

Since no one on this thread is dumb enough to risk picking a whole album by those fake-brooding, hookless, arid billionaire poseur moaning sallow sourpusses, I am looking forward to my inevitable chance to unleash my fury on that thread . . . .
Might do the bends sometime.lol.
My next pick I can sè splitting the camp.

I've been drafting my tear down of Yes for the last week. It works for whatever song gets picked as it's all the same shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.