The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

I've been drafting my tear down of Yes for the last week. It works for whatever song gets picked as it's all the same shit.
I personally quite enjoy Yes, but, as with Rush, I could craft a withering critique of their increidibly irritating pretentions. I do not suffer from cognitive dissonance when it comes to outright loving music but also knowing it is haughty-and-effete-instrumental-mastery-plus-castrato-swords-and-sorcery-lyrics as well. When Led Zep gets too far away from the blues, that's them too, TBF.

I personally quite enjoy Yes, but, as with Rush, I could craft a withering critique of their increidibly irritating pretentions. I do not suffer from cognitive dissonance when it comes to outright loving music but also knowing it is haughty-and-effete-instrumental-mastery-plus-castrato-swords-and-sorcery-lyrics as well. When Led Zep gets too far away from the blues, that's them too, TBF.
Weird thing with Led Zep is the older I get the less I like them.

Indeed! It's the Chemical Brothers - Surrender

The_Chemical_Brothers_-_Surrender_album_cover.png

One of my favourite dance acts of all time and seen them live many many times.

Yet this one sort of mixes psychedelia/pop/rock and dance and has just the right balance to listen without needing to be off my face raving it up!

'Hey Boy Hey Girl' was of the course the huge hit - a classic that will never age and still they play it every gig.
'Out Of Control' has a New Order feel.
'Asleep From Day' is a complete change of direction and a beautiful chilled track.
My favourite 'Let Forever Be' with Noel Gallagher (one of many guest vocalists to appear) really hits the nostalgia spot, playing this over and over in my teenage Indie years.

In fact, the whole album brings me back to my teen years when Music really meant the world to me and here was a little bit of everything i loved.

Last edited:

Yet this one sort of mixes psychedelia/pop/rock and dance and has just the right balance too listen without needing to be off my face raving it up!

Of course 'Hey Boy Hey Girl' was the huge hit - a classic that will never age and still they play it every gig.
'Asleep From Day' is a complete change of direction and a beautiful chilled track.
My favourite 'Let Forever Be' with Noel Gallagher (one of many guest vocalists to appear) really hits the nostalgia spot, playing this over and over in my teenage Indie years.

In fact, the whole album brings me back too my teen years when Music really meant the world to me and here was a little bit of everything i loved.

Good choice but it's getting a point docked for you gratuitously pointing out that at the turn of the millennium you were still enjoying your teenage years.

Yet this one sort of mixes psychedelia/pop/rock and dance and has just the right balance too listen without needing to be off my face raving it up!

'Hey Boy Hey Girl' was of the course the huge hit - a classic that will never age and still they play it every gig.

In fact, the whole album brings me back too my teen years when Music really meant the world to me and here was a little bit of everything i loved.
you must be ages with my oldest lad. He used to have this blaring out his bedroom around the millenium. It will feel a little strange me listening to it seriously after all these years when my main reaction to it at that time was 'will you turn that bloody music down' :-)

Yet this one sort of mixes psychedelia/pop/rock and dance and has just the right balance to listen without needing to be off my face raving it up!

Going to be interesting. I may have heard the odd single.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.