Crowded house
Aztec Camera
Nick Waterhouse
The Carpenters
Alison
Joni
Dogs Eye View

Good effort Rob!!
I pay homage to my school mate Bob for my selection. He sat me and a couple of mates down to listen to Goodbye to Love. A few hours later when the laughter had subsided we did give it a listen. He kept saying “wait until the guitar kicks in” - we waited, and we were treated to something that satisfied our rock roots.
I believe Tony Peluso was given the brief by Richard Carpenter to let rip and he certainly did!!! Allegedly the first fuzz to appear on a power ballad.
I looked up who the guitarist was. He was their regular rather than a hired gun. I didn’t remember the fuzz solo but it was bloody good.

A few I almost went with that I would have guessed. Spires for Cohen. Given his belated defence of the album that got panned. But had a few down for him and imelda seemed apt. Plus eamo's clarkies worked. Rob for mcDermot. Given the del amitri discussions, it was a 50 50 with dougle. I went with Rob being bold with a no fucks given obvious choice with CH. Goats for joni. Seemed too obvious. Ah well, could have been a 5.

I am surprised nobody pegged me for the bad plus, thought it was a pretty obvious one given past nominations like avi cohen, budos, maybeshewill etc.

I nominated Mardy Bum as I like the Arctics first album for its energy, song writing and lyrics. Mardy Bum is one of the better examples and I particularly like its construction and the poignancy and delivery of the lyrics. I mentioned to Rob that I thought it would fly beneath the radar and was proven correct.

I nominated Mardy Bum as I like the Arctics first album for its energy, song writing and lyrics. Mardy Bum is one of the better examples and I particularly like its construction and the poignancy and delivery of the lyrics. I mentioned to Rob that I thought it would fly beneath the radar and was proven correct.

Have to say that and gornik were the two biggest surprises. Maybe 111 for Metallica too tbf.

A few I almost went with that I would have guessed. Spires for Cohen. Given his belated defence of the album that got panned. But had a few down for him and imelda seemed apt. Plus eamo's clarkies worked. Rob for mcDermot. Given the del amitri discussions, it was a 50 50 with dougle. I went with Rob being bold with a no fucks given obvious choice with CH. Goats for joni. Seemed too obvious. Ah well, could have been a 5.

I am surprised nobody pegged me for the bad plus, thought it was a pretty obvious one given past nominations like avi cohen, budos, maybeshewill etc.

I had you down as The Bad Plus but talked myself out of it on the basis that other than Out on Blue you were the only person who was going to be nominating Big Special and I incorrectly assumed Out on Blue would be covering his New Music tracks. Over thought it once again.

As for Lenny, I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for that pesky Bimbo.

Also I see he's near the bottom, what is wrong with you lot re. Lenny?!!

My top ten.
1....We could send letters....Aztec Camera.
2....Instinct....Crowded House.
3....Palm of my Hand...The Pale Fountains.
4....For those in peril from the sea....Kevin McDermott Orchestra.
5...One trick ponies...Kurt Vile.
6...Breathe...Imelda May.
7...The runner...Allison Russell.
8...Substitution...Silversun Pickups.
9...Black Dog/White Horse.....Big Special.
10...The old place....Nick Waterhouse

Ian McNabb
Metallica
Silversun Pickups
Don Henley
Pale Fountains
Kevin McDermott Orchestra
Arctic Monkeys
Aztec Camera
Crowded House
Joni Mitchell

It was nailed on my favourite track would be Fog's choice and that I was very confident Fog was behind one of the very few I got correct.

I am sure if he chooses one he despises in the next round I will place it last on my list.

I did give a few subtle hints as to my selection on this thread but happy nobody picked it as such.

Congratulations to those who chose Junip , Imelda May, The Bad Plus and Big Special all songs I would play again and had not heard before bar The Bad Plus as an avid watcher of Jools Holland when it was on air over here.

The Carpenters clearly the best song of the artists known to most bar mine of course (LOL).

Well done to Black&White and Fog stand outs in attributing songs to nominators.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.