The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

I would say it was all downhill after Definitely Maybe.
Oasis became more of a singles group to me after their debut
After Definitely Maybe I found the singles and b sides far better than What's the Story..

Sure, I even agreed myself earlier. The two are not mutually.. onm.

You must be one of the 'real' fans I was on about then.

Sure, I even agreed myself earlier. The two are not mutually.. onm.

You must be one of the 'real' fans I was on about then.
Nowhere near a real fan.
Loved their debut not fussed about anything else bar the singles and b sides from what's the story.
Purchased the first 2 albums and the singles from wts.
That's it.A 9 out of 10 album followed by a 6 out of 10 with some great singles and b sides released at the same time.
Never a super fan and I only like Noels football opinions now.I think his solo stuff is poor.
Liam I liked the odd song but if it wasn't for Spotify I would not have listened to anything the pair released since WTS album wise.

Never noticed Hatfield being that special but his team mate is a very fine technician. He really impressed me at a Peter Green Tribute Show I went to just before the first lockdown.

There’s no doubt though that the RS list is about more than technical ability, which is fine, up to a point but that R/S list borders on perverse in places. I don’t mind admitting there’s two or three names on there I don’t recognise and I would have expected to know all the names in a top 50 greatest guitarists even if not familiar with their work, but every day is a school day.
Serves me right - I named the wrong Metallica guitarist.

Stick to genres that you know @Onholiday(somemightsay) ffs..........

I'm now three listens in, headphones today was the last outing.

It seems destined for the top spot no matter what I type up judging by the reviews so far but then that was expected considering this is primarily a Manchester centric forum.

Still, I've done it, and having never listened to a whole Oasis album in full before, I'm quite proud of that fact.

Going way off topic. I sat and watched Coldplay at Glastonbury with Mrs S. Bloody hell they are absolutely brilliant at what they do (large stadium gigs). I can't listen to their albums, yes Chris Martin is a complete dork but jeez they know how to put on a show. 100,000 allegedly in front of stage and every trick in the book used to keep them happy.
I remember when the hight of theatre at a concert was dry ice :-)
Fair play to them.

Going way off topic. I sat and watched Coldplay at Glastonbury with Mrs S. Bloody hell they are absolutely brilliant at what they do (large stadium gigs). I can't listen to their albums, yes Chris Martin is a complete dork but jeez they know how to put on a show. 100,000 allegedly in front of stage and every trick in the book used to keep them happy.
Fair play to them.
Always been great live.

Fair play to them.

yep hard to knock them for that, i can't listen to their stuff nowadays.
their debut album and the one after were very good.

yep hard to knock them for that, i can't listen to their stuff nowadays.
their debut album and the one after were very good.
One of those safe bands that bore me.
I remember when I was learning guitar and the Spanish guy teaching me, forcing us to learn some of their stuff and I had to plead with him to find something more interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.