The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

My wife, oddly enough, really enjoyed this record and remembered a lot of it from college too. Of course we went to the same school and had the same friends so . . .

Mrs Spires been reliving her youth on this one. Unimpressed with some of the low scores, mind she thinks we're all odd for scoring them in the first place :-)

Mrs Spires been reliving her youth on this one. Unimpressed with some of the low scores, mind she thinks we're all odd for scoring them in the first place :-)
It's a bugger updating the ever-lengthening table every week.

Joking aside, what are peoples feelings on this? Should we drop the scoring after this round?

Joking aside, what are peoples feelings on this? Should we drop the scoring after this round?

For all it's imperfections I think the scoring makes at least some people think about their views a bit deeper. Personally I'd be inclined to keep it, nothing to do with me not wanting to be bottom of the ladder in perpetuity of course!

(Maybe put it in the cloud and recruit a couple of Roberts Little Helpers to share the admin?)

As someone who looks from the outside I think you should keep the scoring going but I will bet you don't get another album in the top 5. There's enough people reviewing that there will always be a couple of posters who won't like the choice. That's what it's all about though. I can think of one album which I'm surprised hasn't been put up that I think could score high. Much easier to think of loads that wouldn't

ALL MOD CONS

I was a big fan of The Jam back in the day, saw them at the Apollo on the ‘In The City Tour’
I still listen to them today and my Mrs is quite a fan too,however my go to album is the compilation’Snap’
I don’t tend to listen to their other albums nowadays but ‘Setting Sons ‘ was probably my favourite.I had this album at the time but other than the tracks on ‘Snap’ I’ve not listened to it in decades.
It’s got some great songs , some good songs and a few fillers.Although Weller gets all the plaudits there would been no Jam without Foxton.

Good to hear it again BB

7/10

Who's Next is my favourite of theirs from start to finish.

After finding only a few tracks from there on one of their GH compilations, I made my own which included the rest of the album. Not a clunker on there, IMO.
Who’s Next is in my personal top 20 albums; think it was top 10 in the last list I did for this forum.

Scoring is a useful short hand but this shouldn’t be a competition and I’m not the biggest fan of having to assign a number to an album.

I’d say drop it for the next round and see how we get on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.