The Album Review Club - Week #128 - (page 1587) - Pretty Vicious - The Struts

I think i might be an outlier this week. i expect it to be popular
I wouldn't bet on that. There's plenty of people who either (a) just don't like anything closer to the centre than indie or (b) like their rock far harder.

To be fair, I'm edging towards (b) myself, but I do appreciate the melody on this one - it's certainly not one where you take the lyrics too seriously.

I wouldn't bet on that. There's plenty of people who either (a) just don't like anything closer to the centre than indie or (b) like their rock far harder.

To be fair, I'm edging towards (b) myself, but I do appreciate the melody on this one - it's certainly not one where you take the lyrics too seriously.
I just like rock (and indie)....but they need to be 'harder' to be close to rock, in fact if they are rock, Duran Duran are Death Metal.
I'm quite liking their brand of pop though;)

I just like rock (and indie)....but they need to be 'harder' to be close to rock, in fact if they are rock, Duran Duran are Death Metal.
I'm quite liking their brand of pop though;)
I think there’s enough guitar work in there to put it in the general rock area but its definitely on the lighter end.

You consider indie close to the 'centre'? What weird spectrum is this, I ask.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.