The Album Review Club - Week #128 - (page 1587) - Pretty Vicious - The Struts

ok, will score this 8/10
#
really enjoyed it all the way through, didn't no what to expect but didn't find a bad song here - just felt nice on the ear, lead singer sounds a bit Bryan Adams, soft driving rock, nice beat and riffs - a rock fan growing up in the southern US and telling the story of Lynyrd Skynyrd is not something that i should connect too - but i think i did. will give this plenty more listens. Maybe it's just refreshing hearing some 00's!

Good pick Benny Boy

Right, that's it for week 12. Thanks to @bennyboy for the nomination and Southern Rock Opera finishes with an average of 6.27. Surprisingly, given the number of positive comments, it's only enough for 10th place in the table.

I don't know whether it's because of Christmas, or COVID or because it was a long album, but we only had 11 votes this week, which was easily the lowest number of all albums so far.

With that, I'll hand over to @journolud so that he can give us a few clues for his choice, which he will post tomorrow.

Right, that's it for week 12. Thanks to @bennyboy for the nomination and Southern Rock Opera finishes with an average of 6.27. Surprisingly, given the number of positive comments, it's only enough for 10th place in the table.

I don't know whether it's because of Christmas, or COVID or because it was a long album, but we only had 11 votes this week, which was easily the lowest number of all albums so far.

With that, I'll hand over to @journolud so that he can give us a few clues for his choice, which he will post tomorrow.
Sorry Rob. I give it a 7/10.
I just squeezed in another listen earlier.

Edit: with me, having played the wrong album one of the times, didn’t help with my delayed score. Incidentally I think I preferred’The Dirty South’.

Last edited:

That's too bad. I'm sure it's just the holidays -- after all, we had a couple at least as long, and a couple that droned on for fucking ever so they seemed much longer :).

Again I am grateful to @bennyboy as I really, really loved this record.

I did highlight to put my thread on freeze as I worry 2 albums is a bit demanding for some getting the time, Aretha has only got 6 votes in so far.

I'd like to apologise to @bennyboy as I just haven't had the time to listen to this. I'm usually all over the picks, in fact I look forward to them, but recent events have meant I just can't seem to concentrate on anything for more than 5 minutes.
Hope all is well with you @crublue1
I had a couple of months of that, one event after the other.
Play the music that gives you comfort. That’s what I did and it helped a lot.
May well pick one of them for my choice, although can’t see too many people on here going for them.

Thanks for listening and feedback.
Changed my mind at the last minute for a modern rock record that I thought a lot would not have heard of.
I was going to pick the Dirty South by DBT but again changed to their first south inspired double LP Southern Rock Opera.
I myself would have scored the album 8 with a 9 for The Dirty South.
So I changed my mind twice before my pick.
So thanks again for listening.

Well after last week’s journey to the Deep South we are heading closer to home. The roads we are travelling down aren’t main ones but we will enter forbidden worlds via the Kingdom of Fife.

Seeing as @RobMCFC has my list of nominated bands and these are on it you have an advantage if it comes to the detective work

Well after last week’s journey to the Deep South we are heading closer to home. The roads we are travelling down aren’t main ones but we will enter forbidden worlds via the Kingdom of Fife.

Seeing as @RobMCFC has my list of nominated bands and these are on it you have an advantage if it comes to the detective work
Skids or Nazareth happy with any.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.