The Album Review Club - Week #128 - (page 1587) - Pretty Vicious - The Struts

Right, that's it for week 12. Thanks to @bennyboy for the nomination and Southern Rock Opera finishes with an average of 6.27. Surprisingly, given the number of positive comments, it's only enough for 10th place in the table.

I don't know whether it's because of Christmas, or COVID or because it was a long album, but we only had 11 votes this week, which was easily the lowest number of all albums so far.

With that, I'll hand over to @journolud so that he can give us a few clues for his choice, which he will post tomorrow.
Am I too late? Surely not.

Been very busy so only listened to about 3/4 of this and I loved it in a jack daniels, spitting my backy kind of way.
It reminded me of being in the states on business and we would always try and find a bar with local bands. I'm back in Dallas with a cold beer, outside, temp 87+ in the shade listening to a band that sound like this.
Tight good songs, love the guitar work, liked much of the story telling and vocal work. Just liked it.

7/10 and may have been higher if i had time to listen to more.

Well after last week’s journey to the Deep South we are heading closer to home. The roads we are travelling down aren’t main ones but we will enter forbidden worlds via the Kingdom of Fife.

Seeing as @RobMCFC has my list of nominated bands and these are on it you have an advantage if it comes to the detective work
Fife is a big country.

Thanks for listening and feedback.
Changed my mind at the last minute for a modern rock record that I thought a lot would not have heard of.
I was going to pick the Dirty South by DBT but again changed to their first south inspired double LP Southern Rock Opera.
I myself would have scored the album 8 with a 9 for The Dirty South.
So I changed my mind twice before my pick.
So thanks again for listening.
That’s exactly how I would’ve scored both albums

Well after last week’s journey to the Deep South we are heading closer to home. The roads we are travelling down aren’t main ones but we will enter forbidden worlds via the Kingdom of Fife.

Seeing as @RobMCFC has my list of nominated bands and these are on it you have an advantage if it comes to the detective work
Yep. Think I've got it but will stay quiet to see if anybody gets it. Wouldn't have had a clue if the name wasn't right in front of me - I've heard of the main man but not the band. Maybe that's a clue for somebody else.

Am I too late? Surely not.

Been very busy so only listened to about 3/4 of this and I loved it in a jack daniels, spitting my backy kind of way.
It reminded me of being in the states on business and we would always try and find a bar with local bands. I'm back in Dallas with a cold beer, outside, temp 87+ in the shade listening to a band that sound like this.
Tight good songs, love the guitar work, liked much of the story telling and vocal work. Just liked it.

7/10 and may have been higher if i had time to listen to more.
Sorry. I usually close the vote around 3.00PM on Monday.

Neither but I believe that it was the 20th anniversary of Stuart Adamson's death a few days ago. Not really familiar with the Skids beyond the obvious but I do like Big Country, especially the first album.
Are we going to “Dance O’er The Border”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.