The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

Getting alot if interest today!....you lot obviously still in transit back from Madrid and basking in the glory of an incredible game and some incredible goals.
Almost written this up and shall post at 5pm

That’s too bad because I already started listening to what I thought it was and it’s great :).

Sadly not on my The PFs not on my Spotify.

Oh no! Hopefully my offering this week doesnt disappoint too much then..........

1712764193165.png
The Pale Fountains – Pacific Street

For me, the soundtrack to a school skiing holiday and then a summer of teenage discos, house parties discos and young love…or more young fumblings perhaps.

Sorry folks but its 80s pop!!! Although I first bought this on vinyl it is the CD version that I also bought later on and that I listen to a lot more. The extra 4 tracks I hope do not invalidate it but add to the body of work from Mick Head and of course the unmistakable sound of Andy Diagram

1Reach
4:10​
2Something On My Mind
3:55​
3Unless
4:40​
4Southbound Excursion
2:32​
5Natural
3:20​
6Faithful Pillow (Pt. 1)
1:39​
7(Don't Let Your Love) Start A War
3:38​
8Beyond Fridays Field
4:03​
9Abergele Next Time
3:49​
10Crazier
3:40​
11Faithful Pillow (Pt. 2)
1:59​
12Palm Of My Hand
3:45​
13Love's A Beautiful Place
4:13​
14Meadow Of Love
3:03​
15Thank You
3:06​

“Its urchin post-punk recalibration of cool Latin jazz and soul still felt bold, with rococo strings aplenty and Andy Diagram’s trumpet an integral dynamic element. Abergele Next Time’s delirious courtship dance around the library shelves – name checking Man Ray and Shelley – confirmed Head’s streetwise poet credentials. Although occasionally time-stamped by the era’s production fads, the Rive Gauche aroma remains beguiling.”

That was one review but for me it was just something a little different, Some good songs/tunes and trying to be a little different from what else was out there. Nothing too intense and once again reliving my youth through music. Hopefully a little easier to listen to than my last offering.

That’s too bad because I already started listening to what I thought it was and it’s great :).

Sadly not on my The PFs not on my Spotify.

Have you (possibly very sensibly) installed a Scouse blocker on all your technology? In which case you might need to turn it off for this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.