The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

Perhaps it was the same for everyone back in the seventies I don't know, but I choose to avoid confrontation now, in fact it makes me physically ill, so much so that I often have to sleep in order to replenish my energy.
Thanks for sharing. As I get older, I'm continually surprised by how the baggage we carry affects us from day-to-day. I had a great upbringing and still live a great life, but there are times when I think back to things that have happened in the past, whether that be the 70s, 80s, 90s or last year or even last month, and wonder how it's affecting the way I'm feeling now.

I've yet to listen to this artist, so we'll see how I feel later on, but if there's a lot of shouting, I can understand why you'd want to avoid it.

Thanks for sharing. As I get older, I'm continually surprised by how the baggage we carry affects us from day-to-day. I had a great upbringing and still live a great life, but there are times when I think back to things that have happened in the past, whether that be the 70s, 80s, 90s or last year or even last month, and wonder how it's affecting the way I'm feeling now.

I've yet to listen to this artist, so we'll see how I feel later on, but if there's a lot of shouting, I can understand why you'd want to avoid it.
It's fascinating really. I personally think every generation faces different challenges and so it's often impossible to look back and think it could be any other way - you fix one thing and something else appears. It's just experience that's all and what shapes us and makes us interesting. In my case it was just too many people living in too small a house, nobody got physically hurt, but music was a great way for me to escape at that time of my life.

You think?

Barring distorted guitars I don't see too many similarities myself.

That saying, I am quite open to being one of the world's great hypocrites.......... :-)

Both shouty and angry, although Rage have more of a rock rather than heavy metal sound. but definitely some similarity

Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello Picks Favorite Pantera Song | Revolver (revolvermag.com)

Tom Morello Reveals Sad Wish About Dimebag Darrell Of Pantera - Metalhead Zone

Just listened to the first few tracks in the car during a thankfully incident free trip to Argos and Halfords. This music definitely won’t help me maintain the state of zen like calm I like to pretend I have in the face of minor irritations on the road.

Given some of the comments about Pantera I’m glad I joined this thread after the compulsory listening to them. This feels like hard work up to now, like the bowel discomfort on starting on particularly potent antibiotics but I’m determined to complete the course.

The somewhat preachy manner of the lyrics bring to mind the Manics who I’m not particularly a fan of and to be fair these are cleverer even if it does feel like the aural version of some of the in your face posts on the politics threads. They don’t seem as clever as the Dead Kennedys though who also had a lot to say behind the noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.