The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

Bonus point for anyone thay can tell me, without googling, why it is called 10.

Lovely - I’ll hold back my score and cherish listening to this album for the xmillionth time (slight exaggeration!).
1991 was rather a good year for new albums I seem to recall
Edit: for anyone that likes a bit of Rick Beato, this is a great critique of Black.

The 'Live at Benaroya Hall' version of Black is the second best crowd singing along I have ever heard (I was not there).

It comes so suddey, without any real lead in and just a basic quick prompt. And it is also the bridge, rather than an obvious verse or chorus.

Sorted of related... I think i've said this before but because I wasn't really paying attention I've never really got what grunge actually was/is as a music genre. I think in large part this is because the bands I had some basic awareness of in Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains all sounded like quite different types of bands to me who were trying to do different things but they just got lumped together. Was just it ultimately just marketing bollocks like Britpop or am I missing something?

(Pretty sure someone had to explain to me what emo really was too. I think i've become my Dad :-) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.