The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

I got the first three and nothing after because 3 was that bad.

They are very much a 'greatest hits' band, rather than one for albums.

Like with the Foos, I have listened to every one, and I keep the hope alive that one day they will wow me. But after a couple, and one or two good songs here and there aside, their albums continue to disappoint.

Like with the Foos, I have listened to every one, and I keep the hope alive that one day they will wow me. But after a couple, and one or two good songs here and there aside, their albums continue to disappoint.
A pet hate of mine.Along with Rush and Kate Bush.

Wasn't that Kurt Cobain's criticism of them, they basically would write a couple of decent songs and then pack an album with filler whereas as far as he was concerned he was pouring his heart and soul into every track?

No idea if that was a fair view, guess I'll find out.

Wasn't that Kurt Cobain's criticism of them, they basically would write a couple of decent songs and then pack an album with filler whereas as far as he was concerned he was pouring his heart and soul into every track?

No idea if that was a fair view, guess I'll find out.
He would be an expert on fillers right enough.

The 'Live at Benaroya Hall' version of Black is the second best crowd singing along I have ever heard (I was not there).

It comes so suddey, without any real lead in and just a basic quick prompt. And it is also the bridge, rather than an obvious verse or chorus.
I love on that the crowd reaction to their own efforts which to be fair are pretty awesome

I love on that the crowd reaction to their own efforts which to be fair are pretty awesome

Yeah he totally catches them by surprise, but boy do they respond! What a moment that must have been, and their reaction is telling, must have been one hell of a thing to be a part of! If it was anything like the top one that I experienced, some amount of emotions would have been shared right then. Love that he lets them do the whole segment too, no help.

4 minutes in, for anyone else (preview blocks it but seems to work when clicking it. Bloody YouTube links Eh!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.