The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

Great choice, not heard this years for years
i was hoping for something a bit more mellow than RATM lol
so I could just chill out on my own as the wife will hate this as well!

Well done @Marklr!! As I may have noted before, I hadn’t even heard of Genesis until Duke, which I really liked (though some of it annoys me now), and then went backwards but only as far as Lamb. I liked PG’s solo stuff up through So (though So grew very tiresome after a while) and especially Melting Face and Rain on a Car.

I’ve never even actually heard Foxtrot that I can recall, so this is going to be great fun!

Great write-up, Mark, listening to it now.

I like the above line, which is why I've quoted it. It's almost as if you had another few favourites in mind but somehow your heart was telling you to pick this. I have my firmly established favourites, but it's funny how you can have bought an album 10,20,30 or 40 years ago and it somehow rises slowly up your own mental rankings over time. I suppose it happens via repeat plays and you realise that you are thinking about an album or a set of songs for so long that it must mean more to you than when you submitted that "my definitive top 10 albums" list to some forum a decade ago.
That's spot on Rob...I had to be honest to myself. I know it's not a "cool" choice...and some people would describe it as a "guilty pleasure"...but I'm innocent! I feel no guilt! Not for my album choice, anyway ;)

i like early Genesis - wasn't that long ago i reviewed Selling England by the Pound - really enjoyed that - so hopefully this is somewhat familiar

will listen to my own top 1100 pick for this week, then give Foxtrot a go at the weekend
That reminds me....

That's spot on Rob...I had to be honest to myself. I know it's not a "cool" choice...and some people would describe it as a "guilty pleasure"...but I'm innocent! I feel no guilt! Not for my album choice, anyway ;)

early Genesis is deffo a cool choice for on here

90's Genesis maybe different though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.