The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

Yes, but at least he is bringing some balance to the scores.

I’m genuinely surprised by the size of the scores for this one. I know it’s a popular album, I know it sold in bucketloads, I know it was a major release in terms of that sound in the early 90s. And yet I struggle to see why this should get such praise where other rock outfits would probably get short shrift.

Like Bon Jovi (who have several albums I like) and Def Leppard (not so much) and any number of 80s/90s hard rock/AOR/hair metal etc, Ten is a slickly produced stadium-filler.
4/10 is such a low score though, he clearly has no idea!!!

Only kidding! This is why this thread is so good. One man’s PJ is another man’s Beatles etc. If we all liked the same thing the world would be a very boring place. Beauty is in the ear of the beholder… or something like that :)

4/10 is such a low score though, he clearly has no idea!!!

Only kidding! This is why this thread is so good. One man’s PJ is another man’s Beatles etc. If we all liked the same thing the world would be a very boring place. Beauty is in the ear of the beholder… or something like that :)
I did seriously wonder whether I was being too hard on this album. I did go back and listen a couple of times due to the glowign write ups that others gave it...but it just didnt stick with me. I love and do revisit my Nirvana stuff often along with a bit of Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jnr, Soundgarden but for some reason just never went for PJ. the music not so bad but think I must just have something against Eddies vocals. But then I have never particularly liked Radiohead or Pink Floyd...so I am fairly sure most here will think I am mad

I did seriously wonder whether I was being too hard on this album. I did go back and listen a couple of times due to the glowign write ups that others gave it...but it just didnt stick with me. I love and do revisit my Nirvana stuff often along with a bit of Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jnr, Soundgarden but for some reason just never went for PJ. the music not so bad but think I must just have something against Eddies vocals. But then I have never particularly liked Radiohead or Pink Floyd...so I am fairly sure most here will think I am mad

You never liked Radiohead? Really, what's wrong with you!

Fucking hell, you're going to unleash Atomic Kitten on us aren't you?
Not quite but I did ponder about going way back and the first album I ever bought. The joy of gift vouchers at WH Smith in Chester. I'm sure you would all love to listen to "Keep on Wombling"!
""
But I think it will be one that not many will have listened to whichever one I opt for

Not quite but I did ponder about going way back and the first album I ever bought. The joy of gift vouchers at WH Smith in Chester. I'm sure you would all love to listen to "Keep on Wombling"!
""
But I think it will be one that not many will have listened to whichever one I opt for

Mike Batt, a man who has brought many acts, both reasonable and heinous, to our attention. I consider the Wombles to be one of the less heinous.

Whatever you choose you'll be extending the gene pool which is always good.

Warning scouse humour at large.lol.

Well yes but in fairness at least he hasn't unleashed Andy Stewart on the thread followed immediately by whatever that other kilted abomination was (though I must admit to being mesmerized by how white their socks were).

I mean FFS what had any of us done to deserve that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.