The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

I was kinda hoping for Emmylou’s Red Dirt Girl, unfortunately I’m not keen on Liz Fraser‘s vocals, but I’ll give it a listen nonetheless.

Cocteau Twins....Head Over Heels.
1983 and as a regular listener to nighttime radio David Jensen and John Peel I came to love The Cocteau Twins.
I was raised a Laurieston man near Falkirk,on the roads out towards the north and east a fifteen minute stroll you come to the town of Grangemouth home of Liz Fraser and Robin Guthrie the two most significant members of the Cocteau Twins along with Will Heggie who left before Head Over Heels release.
Loved this record on it's release 40 years ago.The distinctive Cocteau Twin sound was born after Heggie left and appeared on this record.
Frasers voice with the lyrics that just baffled me along with Guthries guitar a perfect combination.
Regulars in Peels festive fifty shows they were up their in the 80's indie scene with the best.
I still listen to this album to this day.Expecting some to love and some to hate.
It will be interesting to see how others see this album.
A great time for Indie music hopefully you will enjoy.
Added below a Tim Buckley track a song to the siren by this mortal coil,Liz and Robin with their version.As good as it gets.

Cocteau Twins....Head Over Heels.
1983 and as a regular listener to nighttime radio David Jensen and John Peel I came to love The Cocteau Twins.
I was raised a Laurieston man near Falkirk,on the roads out towards the north and east a fifteen minute stroll you come to the town of Grangemouth home of Liz Fraser and Robin Guthrie the two most significant members of the Cocteau Twins along with Will Heggie who left before Head Over Heels release.
Loved this record on it's release 40 years ago.The distinctive Cocteau Twin sound was born after Heggie left and appeared on this record.
Frasers voice with the lyrics that just baffled me along with Guthries guitar a perfect combination.
Regulars in Peels festive fifty shows they were up their in the 80's indie scene with the best.
I still listen to this album to this day.Expecting some to love and some to hate.
It will be interesting to see how others see this album.
A great time for Indie music hopefully you will enjoy.
Added below a Tim Buckley track a song to the siren by this mortal coil,Liz and Robin with their version.As good as it gets.

Cocteau Twins a fantastic band. Almost the definition of a great indie band.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.