The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

Not a bad idea. @threespires has all the data now so he could probably rustle up a list of everybody's top 10 based purely on points.

I know many like the inter-round guessing game but maybe this time around we could do something based on this instead?
I'd argue that I've listened to albums since that I wasn't around for originally, and I'd like the field to be open.

I can pick my 10 best finds. Some albums I scored high on I've heard before, and that wasn't a "find" for me. Hello Pearl Jam...

Both Coatigan (Frightened Rabbit) and BimboBob (The Colour of Spring) may even insist on this! ;-)

Aaaand shat the bed! And it was all going so well for a strong finish, lol.

I get it btw, and everyone else that scored low. The album is anchovies. Has a depth of flavour and packs a punch, but if you are repulsed by them.. Just a pity you didn't go yesterday, feels like conceding a late goal ;)
Sorry tied up with work.

You know what this record isn’t? It isn’t shallow, candy-assed, lightweight or chickenshit. It’s like the walking dead — hard to kill, and every time you turn the corner after making it past one song, there’s a slightly different zombie there to take you out that attacks you from a different angle. After to listening to this three times, I found myself drained of energy after each sitting. And, not to put to find a point on it, somewhat exhilarated.
This album has Daryl Dixon in mind slashing his way out of the sewers and dropping walkers like it's nobody's business to "The Wheel". What a great sequence that would be.

Maybe Carol taking out Terminus to the sound of "The End" is needed too. So much material here. Nice review btw, last night as City was slogging along in the late night Orlando rain. Kudos to anyone from the UK who stayed up for that. Past most everyone's bedtime but Bimbo. ;-)

Following three early torpedoes (guilty, m'lud) and another one later, IDLES recovered nicely to record a score of 6.00 for Crawler. @Coatigan certainly took a big risk with his nomination, but with plenty of people enjoying the album, I'd say that the risk paid off.

After all that shouting and doom-mongering, I'd guess that everybody was now ready for a pink, fluffy comfort blanket of an album, right? Oh, you want more? OK then. It is @GornikDaze to nominate this week, so you might be in luck.

As he is busy this afternoon, I'll be coming up with the clues and posting his review.

The dawn of a new decade, a league cup / Cup Winners Cup double for us and a new type of music hit the streets.

It is, of course, a debut album.

One extra clue - who was that guy who scored Ipswich's winner in the '78 cup final?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.