The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

Just the one? We've only had 138 albums, so I'd be surprised if there weren't two or three or even more BIG albums missing :)
Yes as soon as I posted I immediately thought of 10 other albums that should be on the list. I then also listened to the album I was thinking of and realised half the songs I liked are from a different album.

My other picks would be vanilla because I have pretty vanilla tastes.

Woke up this morning nodding ill m I, ill m I, andyou?

No, thst song is one of those occasions when I ignore some of Rob's more wayward views and agree wholeheartedly with him :-)

And I can't put my finger on why it winds me up other than he's doing it in purpose.

Last edited:
So those days when you DO actually feel conventiontastic ? How does this manifest? I was going to ask if extreme conformism involves reading all of the manual when you open the box but (a) you only get a quick start picture and a URL these days and (b) no one reads manuals these days so it's actually quite errant behaviour. Maybe being extra deferential to people with a fancier accent than you, that's a conventional British thing, but I rather doubt that's your bag.

I agree about the persistence thing there's all sorts of music you miss out on if you just chuck it after one go. Sometimes this thread has the attention span of a bunch of tik tokers :-)
On those days he goes tea bag, hot water, milk.

There is a cover of Ill Am I on Spotify. A few people mentioned the production and vocal style was off putting so you could use the cover to see if you'd prefer it with a slight cleaner and better production. It also has lyrics

I obviously prefer the original and I think the obfuscated low-finess on the original is on purpose and not because it was amateur or they didn't know what they were doing.

No, thst song is one of those occasions when I ignore some of Rob's more wayward views and agree wholeheartedly with him :-)

And I can't put my finger on why it winds me up other than he's doing it in purpose.

Found it the most catchiest and Pop sounding song - but can see how it grates others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.