The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

My wife normally goes tea bag, hot water, milk, microwave when she's left it for 2 hours untouched

Ah well now. We're a mixed marriage, City and Villa; Catholic and Reformistic Church Robber: different Tog value in winter vs all year round useless middling quilt. But through all these differences we find a path through the moral maze together.

The one area where we are implacably opposed is her view that it's both socially unacceptable and "tastes different" if it's been reheated in the microwave. As someone for whom about 50% of hot drinks are consumed that way, it's like an attack on my very essence.

I would however say if your wife goes beyond 3 hours for a reheat then she's veering into wrong 'un territory..

Last edited:
There is a cover of Ill Am I on Spotify. A few people mentioned the production and vocal style was off putting so you could use the cover to see if you'd prefer it with a slight cleaner and better production. It also has lyrics

I obviously prefer the original and I think the obfuscated low-finess on the original is on purpose and not because it was amateur or they didn't know what they were doing.

In fairness, listening to that definitely predisposes me more to the original (seriously).

I only had one listen to it I'm afraid and that made me feel tense and a little out of sorts
There was nothing I could pick out that I enjoyed and I'm afraid it really wasn't for me.
I would rather listen to Cliff Richards if I wanted to listen to god rock.

Because of my lack of effort I will refrain from scoring
Brave pick though.

Are you a coffee guy or just not into hot beverages?
Coffee all the way.

I like it black, but I also like milky coffee done in the microwave and I'm a sucker for a Starbuck's cappuccino with some unhealthy caramel or pumpkin spice syrup.

5 years ago, I used to have two sugars per coffee but I just stopped and now I don't have any (except the aforementioned syrup!)

Coffee all the way.

I like it black, but I also like milky coffee done in the microwave and I'm a sucker for a Starbuck's cappuccino with some unhealthy caramel or pumpkin spice syrup.

5 years ago, I used to have two sugars per coffee but I just stopped and now I don't have any (except the aforementioned syrup!)

It was going ok till you mentioned the syrup! Remember reading a thing about the amount of calories in the Costa syrup it was insane.

I've got a Gaggia but I find myself barely using it so I bought a Lavazza pod machine and it's surprisingly good.

I try to pack coffee in after lunchtime and go to tea, don't always manage it.

I do wonder if, a bit like music, I persisted whether I could develop a taste for green tea which I'm told is a the good stuff health wise.

I only had one listen to it I'm afraid and that made me feel tense and a little out of sorts
There was nothing I could pick out that I enjoyed and I'm afraid it really wasn't for me.
I would rather listen to Cliff Richards if I wanted to listen to god rock.

Because of my lack of effort I will refrain from scoring
Brave pick though.
Thanks for trying. Feeling tense and a little out of sorts is an interesting reaction to it

It was going ok till you mentioned the syrup! Remember reading a thing about the amount of calories in the Costa syrup it was insane.

I've got a Gaggia but I find myself barely using it so I bought a Lavazza pod machine and it's surprisingly good.

I try to pack coffee in after lunchtime and go to tea, don't always manage it.

I do wonder if, a bit like music, I persisted whether I could develop a taste for green tea which I'm told is a the good stuff health wise.
Yes, I try to limit the syrupy stuff to once a week (but sometimes fail).

EDIT; looks like about 90 calories pers serving (3 pumps) so I'd say that's pretty good in the grand scheme of things if only once per week. Now If I could just cut out the cheesecake and brownies then the 90 calories would be fine :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.