The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

Don't worry about that, I quite often sign my work e-mails "Ron" by mistake! Easy to do as b and n are next to each other on the keyboard.

Sometimes I wonder how I managed to write 3 whole novels (but I credit my youngest daughter's excellent editing skills).
Wow you’ve written 3 novels
What’s the subject matter ?

Doll by Doll
Gypsy Blood
I reckon the frequent contributors to these threads can guess how I enjoyed this one ;-)

Great write up @journolud and I like your introduction to the band based on the 10p investment :-)

Yet again I find myself breaking new ground.

That being said, I didn't really get it at all.

Is it yet another album that's partly written from a mythological fantasy POV (so is it inspired by Prog rock?)?

As we like to do across these threads I was trying to pigeon hole it into a genre but I was slightly nonplussed.

According to our good friends at Google;

Alternative Rock, Folk Rock, Experimental, Acoustic

That's sorted that then ;-)

There's a couple of ok riffs (I'm predominantly thinking of strip show and the start of another that now eludes me) but there isn't anything that grips me or pulls me in - I'm listening to it at arms length with very little investment.

A lot of the sound is almost too polite somehow almost kind of American school dance somehow (and I thought I had wondered into a born again Christian convention whilst listening to Human Face).

Disappointingly I don't really warm to the vocals at any point - just doesn't really grip or intrigue somehow.

So unfortunately this one falls a fair way down the richter scale for me - I'm going a 3/10. It's had 4 spins and hasn't won me over (although to be fair it's not been the easiest week for new music so it may have been on a hiding to nothing).

Happy Christmas Mooners - I am currently housebound as twatty over here managed to return a positive PCR on Christmas fucking eve (completely screwing everyone's plans).

What a life.......... :-)
Get your head phones on. Strap yourself in and get well soon.

Wow you’ve written 3 novels
What’s the subject matter ?
They are YA novels - the vibe I was going for was Stranger Things meets Stand By Me meets The Goonies. It’s called Monkey Arkwright and It’s about a couple of teenagers who find something in the local woods and they start to discover that sinister forces are at work.

A few people on here have read it, including @OB1.

Anyway, it never made me any money so I’m stuck being a software engineer until I retire!

They are YA novels - the vibe I was going for was Stranger Things meets Stand By Me meets The Goonies. It’s called Monkey Arkwright and It’s about a couple of teenagers who find something in the local woods and they start to discover that sinister forces are at work.

Anyway, it never made me any money so I’m stuck being a software engineer until I retire!

Good for you , I liked Stranger things ,Stand by me and the Goonies so I’ll have a read when I’ve I got time.

That explains the professional look of your threads

Not Jessie Buckley?
I saw Wild Rose but have no idea if she had any album out years ago.
No it’s a male artist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.