The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1838) - ???? - ????

Just had my first full listen...what? I'm a busy man, and I'm beginning to think this is some sort of parody thread.

Sure it was nice to hear again Woodstock by Joni Mitchell, Goodbye To Love by The Carpenters, The Boys of Summer by Don Henley and Escape by Metallica, only had this album on the other day, but the rest?

Whoever picked Dogs Eye View and Silversun Pickups was surely having a laugh. It's bloody friends music for the friends generation. Devoid of anything original. Apart from Dogs Eyes lead singers extraordinary wide mouth.

I expected more people. Thank goodness for the left handed piano nonsense that is The Bad Plus. My pick of a decidedly average bunch.

Just had my first full listen...what? I'm a busy man, and I'm beginning to think this is some sort of parody thread.

Sure it was nice to hear again Woodstock by Joni Mitchell, Goodbye To Love by The Carpenters, The Boys of Summer by Don Henley and Escape by Metallica, only had this album on the other day, but the rest?

Whoever picked Dogs Eye View and Silversun Pickups was surely having a laugh. It's bloody friends music for the friends generation. Devoid of anything original. Apart from Dogs Eyes lead singers extraordinary wide mouth.

I expected more people. Thank goodness for the left handed piano nonsense that is The Bad Plus. My pick of a decidedly average bunch.
You fooled me then, I had you down for Dogs Eye View! Back to the drawing board…

Not being familiar with them, I've just watched a Dogs Eye View video. Sometimes I like to disagree with you simply as a matter of principle, but I cannot do that in this instance. It's not only the size, it's also the slack jawed malleability that makes it quite distinctive and some might say disturbing.

Anyway, you like 25% of the playlist, that's not really that bad a hit rate for you is it ? :-) I nearly did a Fujiya & Miyagi track as a dipping of the toe in the water for a potential future album nomination, but it got complicated quite quickly so I sacked the idea off.

Last edited:
And that was supposed to be a secret, right?

I don't know about you, but "Black Dog" has always been one of my top tracks, so "hey hey, mama" on that list being just for Friends!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.