The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1838) - ???? - ????

I guess it’s an early 70s classic iconic album performed by one of my favourite Uk bands. The album sleeve will be a Roger Dean original and the album only has a small number of tracks.

Am I warm?

The chances of getting an album that we can all agree on are a million-to-one, but still, they come ....

Thanks to @BimboBob for his nomination, which certainly divided opinion. A few 10s were balanced out by a few 1s, but finally Jeff Wayne's Musical version of War of the Worlds scored an average of 6.11 from 19 voters.

A couple of thread notices before we move on:-

1. Two days ago, we passed the 3rd anniversary for the thread, so well done to everybody, especially the regulars, for participating in what is a fantastic discussion and voyage of discovery each time we get a new album.

2. After months of holidays and life going on pretty much unchanged, this week I have to face the start of the serious part of my cancer treatment. I'm hospital on Friday for HDR brachytherapy (nuclear rods up the bum to you and me!) and back out the next day, and hopefully things will continue relatively normally leading up to my 15-day radiotherapy session in a couple of weeks. Should I be indisposed next week, I'll rely on @Coatigan to keep things ticking over on here.

With that, it's over to @southamptonblue for this weeks choice .....

Just to echo everyone else's best wishes, we're all rooting for you (hoping that doesn't have some alternative strange meaning to our American brethren) and in the interim we'll collectively stop @Coatigan imposing a new rule that all album nominations have to be by bands born between 55 - 61 degrees North (or more accurately thank you Coats for volunteering to keep us all on the straight and narrow should Rob need to have a rest).

Just to echo everyone else's best wishes, we're all rooting for you (hoping that doesn't have some alternative strange meaning to our American brethren) and in the interim we'll collectively stop @Coatigan imposing a new rule that all album nominations have to be by bands born between 55 - 61 degrees North (or more accurately thank you Coats for volunteering to keep us all on the straight and narrow should you need to have a rest).
Actually, I didn't ask him this time. He's done such a great job in my absence in the recent past that I assumed he'd just pick up the slack when required.

Thanks everybody. I don't want to overplay it. In the world of cancer, it's all fairly routine. Doesn't mean I might not be in a bit of discomfort for a few days - hence the heads-up - but I won't be complaining when the treatment does its job.

As for the album, I still have no idea. It's a fairly vague set of clues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.