The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1844) - Lovers Electric - Lovers Electric

2nd listen.
I won’t write an essay.
Very competent background music.
Generic……. still.
Pleasant….. still.
Non descript.
Insipid.
Totally inoffensive.
Decent vocals.
Decent musicianship.
Memorable? Not really. Nothing has stuck in my head.

No problem playing it again however.

For those who like tunes, check out the band Pretty Vicious.
Think they may be defunct now after a great start, though a couple of great gigs I saw them at a few years back...

For those who like tunes, check out the band Pretty Vicious.
Think they may be defunct now after a great start, though a couple of great gigs I saw them at a few years back...

I actually accidentally played this during the week. Typed it in to get to the album and clicked on the same name band instead. Quite liked it, as a pleasant surprise.

It's certainly not.

If Rob put the spreadsheet in the cloud (a) openDemocray would laud him for services to music thread transparency (b) we'd be able to do all sorts of geeky analysis and my guess would be that around half of the regulars would be pretty predictable in their behaviour and scoring patterns and the other half (inc me) would be all over the shop with significant contradictions..

..and then there'd be bimbo.
If you ever want to draw your fancy graphs and do some analysis, I’m happy to send you the spreadsheet.

Agree with a lot that has been said already. It’s competent inoffensive well played and well sung. It reminds me of a number of different bands (mainly American). Coatigan mentioned The Darkness and I can see that too.

It leaves me absolutely cold I’m afraid. I’ll give it 5 for competence and nil for emotional impact. That’s a 5.
OB1, come on mate, come up with another ‘Naturally’ this is nowhere near your best picks.

3rd listen and nothing much has changed.
Some tracks starting to grate a bit.
The title track probably better than most else on the album. That wasn’t bad.

All in all I can’t see myself playing this again even though it is quite inoffensive and suitable for all company.

Can’t see myself giving this more than a generous 6.

It's certainly not.

If Rob put the spreadsheet in the cloud (a) openDemocray would laud him for services to music thread transparency (b) we'd be able to do all sorts of geeky analysis and my guess would be that around half of the regulars would be pretty predictable in their behaviour and scoring patterns and the other half (inc me) would be all over the shop with significant contradictions..

..and then there'd be bimbo.
Hold on a cotton picking moment...

Oh wait.

As you were.

Hold on a cotton picking moment...

Oh wait.

As you were.
My spreadsheet is on my work PC so I’ll check tomorrow, but I’m fairly confident that you and Benny are the submariners who are most likely to torpedo an album’s chances of a magical score :)

Maybe throw denislawsbackheel in there as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.