The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

I am either going to hate this, or I'm going to dislike it a lot.

On the plus side I think I once said on the playlist thread, when it comes to this genre, I find female artists a bit more palatable than the cowboys, so at least there's that.

The Guardian did review this as '"the precise opposite of the knucklehead genre of bro-country" so maybe there's hope, mind that was The Guardian!

Inspired choice by ts , any music of any genre when performed well is worth listening to.

Allison Moorer is a special talent and IMO this album is right up there with her best.

Would have preferred all songs to be original if I was knit picking but a CCR classic is a close second.

Country rock is no exception , one of the best written songs of the modern era is entrenched in country rock /pop.

Be good to listen to this one again as like the other Alison I have followed her career closely since I heard debut single.

Last edited:
Thunderstorm/ Hurricane is a bit of a banging tune.

What have I just said...

Lol, well I'll happily take that! Along with tonights result and more than decent performance, all we need for the hatrick is to find a track that @Coatigan is prepared to listen to more than once :-)

Once again, I am confused. @threespires was one of the clues Nashville? Or are you actually physically going there?
I have physically just arrived in Nashville, and after (delayed) watching a City Foden hat trick, I'm back to live updates, including the album selection here.

I can confirm after driving by the Grand Ole Opry on my way in that @threespires was not yet seen. However, I will see if I am able to find him at Central BBQ tonight, though I'm not sure I will. Memphis famous dry rub ribs will be consumed in trying.

On the topic here, this is not an artist I am familiar with (surprise! :-)), but I'm very much looking forward to listening to it while I am in Nashville. I have my Premier League Morning pass ready for City's match vs. Crystal Palace, so will see if I can find threespires among the other Blues present at 5:30am CT. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.