The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Who knew there were that many dippers who were also US golf fans.

Nice review btw and I like reading yours because they are quite different from mine. It got me thinking that a (jungian?) psychologist would have a field day with the reviews on here and the different way we all approach them.
Rightly or wrongly, a lot of our collective reviews are written from the perspective of what we already know (and who we already listen to).

I enjoy reading everybody's take on what's been offered up in any given week.

I read comparisons to the Canadian version of PJ and then Spotify Radio suggested Hootie (I haven't listened to any of that since hearing in the 90s, so don't even go there), so you are spot on. I'm halfway through and I hear the PJ comparison. (I prefer Darius solo over Hootie too).

I've got Silversun Pickups live tonight, so whatever I listen to beforehand will have a good finale.
Like the SPs. I’ve got LCD Soundsystem in a few weeks!

Who knew there were that many dippers who were also US golf fans.

Nice review btw and I like reading yours because they are quite different from mine. It got me thinking that a (jungian?) psychologist would have a field day with the reviews on here and the different way we all approach them.
A tutor I had back in the 80s when I was doing my psychiatric nurse training had a somewhat basic understanding of Freud and insisted, for example that vegeterians, of which I was and still am, were only vegetarions becuase they were trying to suppress their hatred of animals. Supposing he was right all along and by the same token the music we we profess to hate is really music that moves us to such a degree that we can't admit it to ourselves. Or something.

Would be worth getting Foggy in a room to find out what he really think sof Radiohead.

A tutor I had back in the 80s when I was doing my psychiatric nurse training had a somewhat basic understanding of Freud and insisted, for example that vegeterians, of which I was and still am, were only vegetarions becuase they were trying to suppress their hatred of animals. Supposing he was right all along and by the same token the music we we profess to hate is really music that moves us to such a degree that we can't admit it to ourselves. Or something.

Would be worth getting Foggy in a room to find out what he really think sof Radiohead.

You know there could be some legs in that theory; methinks he doth protest too much. You can imagine there's a small box room in his house that the rest of the family aren't allowed in, which is a little shrine complete with bobble headed vinyl figure of Thom and audiophile pressings of their entire back catalogue. Maybe.

You know there could be some legs in that theory; methinks he doth protest too much. You can imagine there's a small box room in his house that the rest of the family aren't allowed in, which is a little shrine complete with bobble headed vinyl figure of Thom and audiophile pressings of their entire back catalogue. Maybe.
Do you think he’s also got Bob Seger,Dave Matthews Band and Billy Joel back catalogues also in that room, a sort of Foggy alternative music room.

I already told you all. A few minutes of Paranoid Android, some songs on In Rainbows and their Ceremony cover, while pointless, is fine. I like the idea of Karma Police but not the execution. Everything else — morose Gen X tuneless songless hookless Pink Floyd imitators.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.