The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

This pick has made me wonder how many of our other album nominations were produced by women? I'm not going to look them up and work it out but I bet it's minimal. Off the top of my head, Susan Rogers sort of co-produced Purple Rain and I imagine Kate Bush has produced her own later albums so that one too, but beyond that I suspect little else.

Actually thinking about this and the untimely death of Steve Albini has made the geeky bit of me want to tot up the production credits in the list to see who has produced the most. I'll probably not though as I'll only get riled when I discover someone like Steve Lillywhite has massively outscored Flood.

This pick has made me wonder how many of our other album nominations were produced by women? I'm not going to look them up and work it out but I bet it's minimal. Off the top of my head, Susan Rogers sort of co-produced Purple Rain and I imagine Kate Bush has produced her own later albums so that one too, but beyond that I suspect little else.

Actually thinking about this and the untimely death of Steve Albini has made the geeky bit of me want to tot up the production credits in the list to see who has produced the most. I'll probably not though as I'll only get riled when I discover someone like Steve Lillywhite has massively outscored Flood.
The producer of the next record I am picking is a legend.

This really isn’t my cup of tea, so I will go early this week and possibly cast the first vote.
My overall feeling is that it doesn’t grab me and for my delicate ears is pretty boring. The heavier elements are a welcome break from the drudge of the over harmonised vocals. Not much really stood out, and two listens was plenty.
Apologies @Black&White&BlueMoon Town but not my bag 4/10

This really isn’t my cup of tea, so I will go early this week and possibly cast the first vote.
My overall feeling is that it doesn’t grab me and for my delicate ears is pretty boring. The heavier elements are a welcome break from the drudge of the over harmonised vocals. Not much really stood out, and two listens was plenty.
Apologies @Black&White&BlueMoon Town but not my bag 4/10
Same here.Nothing great and nothing horrendous.5/10

Well, firstly was the disappointment that the guy jumping around on the piano/keyboards when I saw them live (probably 2010)....left years before this album!!
I am going to listen to the early albums, as I thought I would give them a go after that live performance, and reading that they were (hopefully) a bit rockier back then, gives me hope!
This album though, for me, is as dull as dishwater/Coldplay...delete as appropriate.
The Moth....I like.
The Gold, The grocery, The wolf......threaten to be likeable, I want to shout 'go on son' when they threaten to explode, but they quickly sink back down like an unset blancmange!
On the evidence of this album, they join a very long list of bands/albums, that with a size 12 up their ass, and more edge and grit, i could like.
So just a 4.

Well, firstly was the disappointment that the guy jumping around on the piano/keyboards when I saw them live (probably 2010)....left years before this album!!
I am going to listen to the early albums, as I thought I would give them a go after that live performance, and reading that they were (hopefully) a bit rockier back then, gives me hope!
This album though, for me, is as dull as dishwater/Coldplay...delete as appropriate.
The Moth....I like.
The Gold, The grocery, The wolf......threaten to be likeable, I want to shout 'go on son' when they threaten to explode, but they quickly sink back down like an unset blancmange!
On the evidence of this album, they join a very long list of bands/albums, that with a size 12 up their ass, and more edge and grit, i could like.
So just a 4.
No idea why all this Blancmange hate...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.