The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Just spent an entire afternoon arguing with, cajoling and threatening a registrar and then a consultant about my brother's medical care. Stressful but got the right outcome for him. I thought thank goodness, now for a quiet evening. Then I logged back on to here!!!

Yippee Ki Yah mofos, let's have at it!!!

My biggest challenge with scoring this is going to be disassociating the oceans of completely hyperbolic horseshit that music journalists have written about it/them both at it's release and over the years. At the end of the day it's not Radiohead's fault that Jocasta Pseud-Witteringarse of UpItself Music Monthly went over the top. Or is it?

My biggest challenge with scoring this is going to be disassociating the oceans of completely hyperbolic horseshit that music journalists have written about it/them both at it's release and over the years. At the end of the day it's not Radiohead's fault that Jocasta Pseud-Witteringarse of UpItself Music Monthly went over the top. Or is it?

Very good point. Why is it a bands fault if journalists laud over there music ? Likewise when I hear a band is ‘pretentious’ - which to me makes no sense - a band plays music however it wants too and to cater to whoever they want.

My biggest challenge with scoring this is going to be disassociating the oceans of completely hyperbolic horseshit that music journalists have written about it/them both at its release and over the years. At the end of the day it's not Radiohead's fault that Jocasta Pseud-Witteringarse of UpItself Music Monthly went over the top. Or is it?
That’s an interesting discussion.

Let’s begin with “how record companies operate”, then in a parallel discussion, move onto “how often does the average morose middle-class white teenager get high?”

Very good point. Why is it a bands fault if journalists laud over there music ? Likewise when I hear a band is ‘pretentious’ - which to me makes no sense - a band plays music however it wants too and to cater to whoever they want.
Agree about catering to the audience — particularly in this case by the way — but to not blame some musicians (or some artists generally) for sometimes being pretentious would be to absolve all humans of blame for such.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.