The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

One thing puzzles me. If all young Thom wanted in life was to be a rock god, how come from Album three he is making music hardly anyone wants to listen too. Who the fuck does he think he is? Robert Fripp?

One thing puzzles me. If all young Thom wanted in life was to be a rock god, how come from Album three he is making music hardly anyone wants to listen too. Who the fuck does he think he is? Robert Fripp?
Maybe he found out that, money aside, it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

I take it I now need to listen to The Bends for comparison, given 70% of the comments mention it?

I don't think you have to listen to that album to consider this one.

It's completely different to the Bends but you'll know some songs from the Bends so would pick up on that anyway. Contextually I guess it's only important if you consider that commercially they nailed it with the Bends so were directed to produce another album that did the same, but went for something completely different. Many have taken that path and failed, OK Computer landed. But then subsequent albums where they've continued to experiment have missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.