The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Chapeau to whoever picked the song that samples Peter Finch, one of the great scenes in cinema.

THE SPRING BREAK PLAYLIST

A reminder of the process.

- Listen to the playlist (stating the obvious).
- Pick out 5 favourites.
- Also pick a 'surprise find', a song by a previous unknown to you that was a surprise like.
- Have a go at guessing which song is whose with all of them.
- Post both the guess list and favourites/find list here, not via PM, it is more fun that way. They don't have to happen at the same time.
- You can swap your own song for another in the guess, to not reveal your song, as only I know the actual song, I will swap it back when tallying up.
- Or you can leave it and not bother, again only I will know, others may think you have swapped for any of the others.
- Clarkies welcomed.
- Discuss the songs you feel worthy of discussion

- Deadline for both lists posted Monday 9th of May. Gives time to reveal the results and clarkies on Tuesday the 9th, with a view of resuming the album runs on Wednesday the 10th.

Virtual prizes again for most liked top 5, best find, best guesser, best hide.

THE SONGS (song title, artist)

1. Not for Want of Trying - Maybeshewill
2. Prowler - Iron Maiden
3. You were on my Mind - Christian St. Peters
4. Madman Across the Water - Elton John
5. Boys - M.I.A.
6. One Day - Bjork
7. Busted - The Black Keys
8. We Wait - Other Lives
9. Into White - Cat Stevens
10. Trigger Inside - Therapy
11. Surfs Up - Brian Wilson (Smile Album Version
12. Crow - Bears Den
13. Blue Hotel - Ryan Adams and the Cardinals
14. Absolutely Barking Stars - Maria McKee
15. under my skin - Dan Reed
16. Yellow Moon - The Neville brothers
17. Norland Wind - Frightened Rabbit

The Parricipants
- journolud
- mancity1
- RobMCFC
- bennyboy
- BimboBob
- GornikDaze
- Coatigan
- threespires
- BlueHammer85
- Mancitydoogle
- OB1
- FogBlueInSanFran
- Saddleworth2
- GoatersLeftShin
- dennislawbackheel
- Knaresboroughblue
- host choice bonus song (a freebie guess so nobody gets a 0)

We could score each song out of 10 and then make a top 5 out of that ? And posters revealed then.

I don’t have a scooby who would pick what

Last edited:
"Boyz" by M.I.A. has to be either (i) a comedy suggestion to throw us of the scent or (ii) punishment for (the listeners) for some crime!

"Boyz" by M.I.A. has to be either (i) a comedy suggestion to throw us of the scent or (ii) punishment for (the listeners) for some crime!

It was me as retribution for your lack of love for Fela Kuti ;-)
Currently trying to work out who I can offend the most by matching them to that song.

We could score each song out of 10 and then make a top 5 out of that ? And posters revealed then.

I don’t have a scooby who would pick what

Na, just your 5 favourite songs in order of 1-5.

I mean if you want to score them for your own joy and selection process, sure, but in terms of posting just give us the 5 in order.

The songs that appear most times in most peoples top 5 will be the popular ones.

Whilst there are a couple of tracks that I didn't like, on the whole, this is an eclectic playlist that I really enjoyed.

I even think that I've nailed about two-thirds of the nominators!

Of course, there are about four tracks that I have two people in mind and knowing my luck, I'll have gone the wrong way on all of them :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.