The Album Review Club - Week #144 - (page 1893) - XO - Elliot Smith

With albums like these, a lot has to do with mood. And timing.

Following the last album I think worked in its favour, as did being the beginning of December and the hectic period for most, so something softer and slower was welcome. Me, my Gritterman album put me in that type of mood and this followed on nicely.
Oh shit...

There was a consistency here though all throughout, 'Mer Du Japon' had a really nice rhythm - one I liked the most, reminded me of Noel Gallagher 'The Right Stuff' (check it out),

Listened to both again and can definitely hear this, especially in the bass chords. Goes back to my deja vu moments throughout this album, lining up with artists and songs I already enjoy, such as NGHFB.

Great observation. Ironically "The Right Stuff" has a more mellow pace to it over "Mer Du Japon".

A sorbet to clear the palete or a decent listen in its own right? I think the group is mixed on Air's Pocket Symphony.
11 votes at an average of 6.36, most of them in the 5-7 range with only two outliers. Once again, it was certainly something different and a few of us got something out of the experience, so thanks to @GoatersLeftShin for the nomination.

Due to a bit of rearrangement, this will be the last week of the normal album club for the year. Next week we can spend a bit of time building a playlist (more on that later) and we'll resume normal proceedings on 3rd January.

Without further ado, it's welcome back to a member who hasn't nominated since April, so come on down, @BimboBob

As long as its NOT Radiohead...or more Pearl Jam
Already got my clues ready for my offering in the new year
Certainly interesting that a more pleasing listen (to many) produced a lot less debate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.