The Album Review Club - Week #144 - (page 1893) - XO - Elliot Smith

Interesting fact I've just discovered: The General Belgrano was originally the USS Pheonix that actually survived the Pearl Harbour attack and was later sold to Argentina. I never knew that.

I cant believe I read that 15 mins ago and still didn't connect photo one with Pearl Harbour. What a clown!
LOL. I was like “I wonder what kind of music Messy Arizona Traffic plays.” Idiot!

Pearl Jam 10

Well played sir!

Indeed. Pearl Jam - Ten

1696429632385.png

went through a grunge phase back in the 90's then quickly went off it when Britpop and dance music come my way, but I stuck this on the other day for my run and enjoyed it a lot after many years. always remembered it darker than it actually is (lyrically it is I suppose) but felt it's still aged well, 32 years! and sounds fresh.

Would describe it more as alternative rock than grunge. so many classic tracks (Even Flow, Alive, Jeremy and Porch - forgot how much I loved that one) It's a defining debut and the whole album just flows really well.
the success of Ten and albums from Nirvana and Soundgarden and others made it quite an exciting period for grunge/alternative rock

"All the love gone bad, turned my world to black."

anyway, enjoy.

One of my once favourites.

I expect discussions on them as a band as well, beyond this album. And whether it as an album justifies their held standing as a band. Not looking at you Mr.Fog!

Well played sir!

Indeed. Pearl Jam - Ten

View attachment 95153

went through a grunge phase back in the 90's then quickly went off it when Britpop and dance music come my way, but I stuck this on the other day for my run and enjoyed it a lot after many years. always remembered it darker than it actually is (lyrically it is I suppose) but felt it's still aged well, 32 years! and sounds fresh.

Would describe it more as alternative rock than grunge. so many classic tracks (Even Flow, Alive, Jeremy and Porch - forgot how much I loved that one) It's a defining debut and the whole album just flows really well.
the success of Ten and albums from Nirvana and Soundgarden and others made it quite an exciting period for grunge/alternative rock

anyway, enjoy.
Lovely - I’ll hold back my score and cherish listening to this album for the xmillionth time (slight exaggeration!).
1991 was rather a good year for new albums I seem to recall
Edit: for anyone that likes a bit of Rick Beato, this is a great critique of Black

Well played sir!

Indeed. Pearl Jam - Ten

View attachment 95153

anyway, enjoy.
I own this album. I still play "Alive" fairly regularly and I also remember enjoying "Even Flow", "Jeremy (Doku)" and "Garden". However, I also remember feeling disappointed with the album overall, so it will be interesting to give this a fresh listen after all these years.

One of my once favourites.

I expect discussions on them as a band as well, beyond this album. And whether it as an album justifies their held standing as a band. Not looking at you Mr.Fog!
I seem to recall his fondness for all 10 (11) tracks….

This will probably be more interesting for me than some others.

Though obviously I know them and have heard a reasonable amount over the years, I don't own this as it dates back to the time when I was titting about in a turtle neck listening to Coltrane and so not really paying close attention to much of the rock music that was produced.

This will probably be more interesting for me than some others.

Though obviously I know them and have heard a reasonable amount over the years, I don't own this as it dates back to the time when I was titting about in a turtle neck listening to Coltrane and so not really paying close attention to much of the rock music that was produced.
Loved him Cracker before he started on the HP gravy train…

Lovely - I’ll hold back my score and cherish listening to this album for the xmillionth time (slight exaggeration!).
1991 was rather a good year for new albums I seem to recall
Edit: for anyone that likes a bit of Rick Beato, this is a great critique of Black

Beato nooooo! Perma ban for Gornik???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.