The Album Review Club - Week #144 - (page 1893) - XO - Elliot Smith

Bloodied but unbowed! I had presumed it was heading for the threes, so not that brutal in the end really. Not even a VAR review of whether Gornik's cousin's phantom score should count would have saved it from bottom spot.

More seriously I was going to demur from nominating it because I thought one or two would struggle to get beyond a single listen. Had I the prior knowledge that six would I think I would definitely have self-censored but I also think that would have been a mistake on my part.
Good effort Threespires!! Crap album but a fun discussion nevertheless ;)

I’m sitting in my comfy chair,
slippers on my feet,
i may have a little doze
or maybe something to eat….

our generation would smash it.

Nice to see this thread keeping Frank/Chris's spirit alive. Actually maybe it's more John Shuttleworth in tone.

Nice to see this thread keeping Frank/Chris's spirit alive. Actually maybe it's more John Shuttleworth in tone.
John Shuttleworth’s “I Cant Go Back To Savoury Now” is probably my favourite song about everyday stuff.

Not that I have a problem going back to savoury if somebody leaves something worthwhile after I’ve finished my pud.

Anyway, the lyrics in this song are simply outstanding.

Clues..

Jeans_pocket_back.jpg

frenchflag-467ab.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.