The Album Review Club - Week #144 - (page 1893) - XO - Elliot Smith

Still not listened to it yet but there is is in the list of CDs I bought at some stage.

View attachment 135981

I don't remember any of the songs, but I do remember that I bought it on the strength of a review but it didn't stick with me, or maybe I didn't stick with it long enough. I know it was one of the CDs that I gave away or sold. It will be certainly interesting to hear it again after all of these years.
You have a list of all the CDs you ever bought?

Why am I not surprised;)

Still not listened to it yet but there is is in the list of CDs I bought at some stage.

View attachment 135981

I don't remember any of the songs, but I do remember that I bought it on the strength of a review but it didn't stick with me, or maybe I didn't stick with it long enough. I know it was one of the CDs that I gave away or sold. It will be certainly interesting to hear it again after all of these years.
Geez and wow! Both the date of the CD purchase AND the date of release.

My first thought is you waited WAY too long to get Robbie Robertson, 12 years too late! (Ironically, I think that was the 2nd CD I purchased in 1987 when first buying them) ;-)

Second is I need to show this to my wife to get some points for not taking my CD buying prowess to this degree. I'll still be overboard in quantity of discs, but at least not keeping track of WHEN has to earn me a few points.

And I say all of this with the utmost respect to your record keeping, Rob! ;-)

You have a list of all the CDs you ever bought?

Why am I not surprised;)

Geez and wow! Both the date of the CD purchase AND the date of release.

My first thought is you waited WAY too long to get Robbie Robertson, 12 years too late! (Ironically, I think that was the 2nd CD I purchased in 1987 when first buying them) ;-)

Second is I need to show this to my wife to get some points for not taking my CD buying prowess to this degree. I'll still be overboard in quantity of discs, but at least not keeping track of WHEN has to earn me a few points.

And I say all of this with the utmost respect to your record keeping, Rob! ;-)
There are some CDs that for some reason I buy years after they were released. Well, used to because I don’t bother anymore - Spotify is so good.

I only have 600 or so CDs - probably about 100 or so I’ve sold/given away/chucked away.

I think I started this list sometime in the early 2000s - hence the slight guesswork on some of the purchase dates. But the Great Musical Time Machine combined with life events means that I’d probably remember many to within a month or so,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.