The Album Review Club - Week #144 - (page 1893) - XO - Elliot Smith

I no longer own any CDs and never had a spreadsheet but I do have one for my vinyl and that is a collection I try to keep to a reasonable size. I can't always remember what I've bought or what I've just thought about buying so it's useful to look at my spreadsheet when I'm browsing.

I've not logged my vinyl (although a fair bit of it is duplicated on cd); haven't bought a vinyl l.p. since 1987 but I think I have about 600 of them.

Yep, Spotify killed the CD for me, I’ve still got a few cd players but never use them.Its just to easy using Spotify especially in the car. I know I’m sacrificing sound quality but I’m no audiophile.

I'm not an audiophile but I would like to get a decent set-up again. I mostly play c.d.s in my car. You can tell the difference in quality etc though.

It's not cost effective but I refuse to go over to streaming and have so far avoided paying for Spotify.

I don't think there are any "great unwashed" in here to be fair.

Have a read through the thread and you'll find plenty of informed opinion.
No offence intended my friend. I was just being mischievous. I am familiar with this thread and can testify to the quality of the input. Keep up the good work.

No, just the 1st one. That's the one I really wanted. Would be great to do all 3 in a row and all, but unfeasible. Wonder if there are any hardcore that have commited to all 3.

I saw someone talking online about the differences in the 'second half' songs they played each night at Shepherds Bush so presumably there's the odd person or two who have. They look like they've gone down very well. Have a good evening.

Last edited:
I no longer own any CDs and never had a spreadsheet but I do have one for my vinyl and that is a collection I try to keep to a reasonable size. I can't always remember what I've bought or what I've just thought about buying so it's useful to look at my spreadsheet when I'm browsing.
I gave away all my vinyl and cds. I don’t have the space or system that would make any difference to sound quality and I’m not likely to get one that the missus would approve of anyway.

I don’t pay for Spotify but I have Apple Music as part of a package.
It’s just far simpler. You can pick and mix at will at home , in the car. You can Bluetooth anywhere.

My brother in law in England took all the cds and vinyl he was interested in.
Recently however, he died and myself and my sister are back and forth as executors of his will, and all of his vast collection including what he got from me is there in all its glory along with a fantastically calibrated turntable and sound system.

I’ve e only just had a brief perusal through his stuff but he has a wonderful collection going back to the sixties.

I gave away all my vinyl and cds. I don’t have the space or system that would make any difference to sound quality and I’m not likely to get one that the missus would approve of anyway.

I don’t pay for Spotify but I have Apple Music as part of a package.
It’s just far simpler. You can pick and mix at will at home , in the car. You can Bluetooth anywhere.

My brother in law in England took all the cds and vinyl he was interested in.
Recently however, he died and myself and my sister are back and forth as executors of his will, and all of his vast collection including what he got from me is there in all its glory along with a fantastically calibrated turntable and sound system.

I e only just had a brief perusal through his stuff but he has a wonderful collection going back to the sixties.
If you end up thinking of selling any of it mate, either as a full lot or in part then Omega Auctions are pretty good. Or me...

Sorry for your loss.

I saw someone talking online about the differences in the 'second half' songs they played each night at Shepherds Bush so presumably there's the odd person or two who have. They look like they've gone down very well. Have a good evening.

Yeah the second set seems to be a complete lottery. Three nights, three completely different set lists so far, will see if they repeat them in glasgow or not. Then sunday Soft Play are playing at the same venue, imagine stringing those 4 nights together! Too much east end for anyone, that.

Yeah the second set seems to be a complete lottery. Three nights, three completely different set lists so far, will see if they repeat them in glasgow or not. Then sunday Soft Play are playing at the same venue, imagine stringing those 4 nights together! Too much east end for anyone, that.
Are Panic Shack supporting Soft Play? Be a good gig that.
I desperately need to get my life organised enough to get to more live music again.

No offence intended my friend. I was just being mischievous. I am familiar with this thread and can testify to the quality of the input. Keep up the good work.
I suspected it was in jest, but in my role of thread runner, I thought I'd send a warning shot across the bows just in case :)

I'm glad that there seem to be a reasonable amount of people who are familiar with the thread even if they don't participate regularly. The door is always open for new nominators or even posters who just want to comment on and score the nominated albums.

First listen to XO this morning and it's much better than I remembered, but more about this in my full review.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.