The Aleksandar Kolarov appreciation thread

I like him. Is he as good as Clichy? Probably not, but he's still got a place at City for sure.<br /><br />-- Thu May 24, 2012 3:22 pm --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
MCFC BOB said:
Miles better than Clichy going forward,

Another myth.

Other than having a dangerous cross,he isn't particularly good at anything.

Not a myth at all. He's is better than Clichy going forward by a long way. In fact he was often our most dangerous player mid season.

wayne71 said:
Goo said:
I really like Kolarov. Got a great strike and offers a lot going forward. Some times he makes defensive mistakes but not as often as people on here will make out. Also it's worth noting that he will only get better if he stays under our coaching staff.

Also if he is our "backup" (I think it's more of a shared role than a 1st team/second team scenario) to Clichy, you won't find any better.

Kolarov is happy to play and also happy to sit on the bench if needed for certain games for the benefit of the team. He also gets on well with the team, and from the inside city videos on the OS and other videos he seems like a good laugh and good edition to the dressing room.

Wish people would cut him some slack, I think he's a great player and wouldn't have our fullback situation any other way. In the fullback position we're primed for a long time, as all are fairly young.

Well said.

Agreed. Don't think we could ask for a better back-up really. Offers something different to Clichy if necessary to change the game and obviously is a presence within the dressing room with his personality. Can't remember which game it was in Europe at home when our players were getting a bit bullied down the left. Kolarov didn't take any shit and the bullying stopped. Key squad member. Hope he stays around. Tough guy.

Kolarov is known to possess an extremely powerful shot. I always chuckle every time his free kick hits the wall or his shot hits a player's face.

And look how he destroyed Lavezzi and knocked a referee out:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqWE6JCny3k[/youtube]

I think eveyone agrees he is a good back up but will he be happy to be 2nd choice and only play cup games and the odd league game. Clichy is so far ahead of him and unlike this year I think he will play every CL game and most premier league games. If kolarov is prepared to be 2nd choice then fine keep him but if not I would sell as we could get 10mill plus for him easily.

All he lacks is pace. He's a great attacking full-back but if he comes up against pace he gets caught out.

Always been interested, for anyone who watched him before he moved here, did his injury when he first joined us (away at Spurs in the 0-0 opening day game) affect his pace in any way? He looked a lot sharper in pre-season friendlies for us and in video's of him at Lazio.

I like Kolarov, the beast from the east. Certainly doesn't take any crap from anyone. I can't remember which match it was, but Silva got shoved off the ball quite roughly and Kola cheekily trod fairly hard on the culprits foot as he made his challenge, unquestionably in response to Silva being knocked around. If there is a scuffle, he is right there having stern words with the other team's players, giving them what for.

I'd play him against any United team, just so he could leather them with some of his lethal free kicks, like he did in the FA Cup derby.

Is Clichy the best choice for left-back? Yeah, probably, but Kola has his attributes too. I think it's worth keeping him around.

Maineman55 said:
FantasyIreland said:
MCFC BOB said:
Miles better than Clichy going forward,

Another myth.

Other than having a dangerous cross,he isn't particularly good at anything.

That's funny ! Then why did Mourinho try to sign him for Madrid, before he signed for us ?
Before. I'll bet he wouldn't sign him now. Bought as a left back and can't defend

I like Kola because he's clearly just double fucking 'ard. The guy isn't phased by anything.

Terrible defender like. Never pick him ahead of Clichy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.