The Aleksandar Kolarov appreciation thread

I really like Aleks. Clichy has been immense for a while now but that doesn't diminish Kolarov, his abilities, or his contributions.

His wife gave birth to a boy yesterday, Dzeko congratulated him on his official website.
Welcome to the world, Nikola Kolarov :3

I really like Kolarov. Got a great strike and offers a lot going forward. Some times he makes defensive mistakes but not as often as people on here will make out. Also it's worth noting that he will only get better if he stays under our coaching staff.

Also if he is our "backup" (I think it's more of a shared role than a 1st team/second team scenario) to Clichy, you won't find any better.

Kolarov is happy to play and also happy to sit on the bench if needed for certain games for the benefit of the team. He also gets on well with the team, and from the inside city videos on the OS and other videos he seems like a good laugh and good edition to the dressing room.

Wish people would cut him some slack, I think he's a great player and wouldn't have our fullback situation any other way. In the fullback position we're primed for a long time, as all are fairly young.

Has a great cross on him,thinking of Dzekos goal at Liverpool,probably can improve his positional awareness defensively.

MSP said:
I like Kolarov and never understood quantity of crap written about him on this forum..

He may not be the perfect defender but had his role in good things that led us to the title.

Agreed.

Also he has come up with goals in crucial moments; United (FA Cup, H), Napoli (H), Sunderland (H).

Also got crucial assists; QPR (A, Yaya header) springs to mind. There are more but my mind has gone blank now! haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.