The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Kane. Our attacking play in Pellegrini's first season was the best I've seen it and much of that was down to the partnership of Aguero and Negredo IMO. I see Kane and Negredo as very similar players, so that partnership has potential.
If we still had Pellegrini maybe, but with Pep I just don't see it, I don't remember him ever playing a front 2. Anyway I can't see Kane leaving Spurs for another English team and Spurs would want at least as much as they got for Bale.
I reckon it's got to be a wide forward in the £60 -£70 mill bracket so Sanchez. Greizmann possibly Bale.

No it wouldn't. Bale was more.
How much was he? I thought it was £85 mill which at the time was about 90 million Euros. I don't know but I assume the world record fee is measured in Euros, I have seen 100 million euros mentioned somewhere for Pogba so current exchange would be £76 mill to be talking world record fee. so I'm guessing Tolmie didn't mean him, but somebody between £60 mill -£75 mill.

How much was he? I thought it was £85 mill which at the time was about 90 million Euros. I don't know but I assume the world record fee is measured in Euros, I have seen 100 million euros mentioned somewhere for Pogba so current exchange would be £76 mill to be talking world record fee. so I'm guessing Tolmie didn't mean him, but somebody between £60 mill -£75 mill.
Just over one hundred million euros was paid mate.

The exchange rate certainly helps English clubs buying from the continent at the moment.

Last edited:
If we still had Pellegrini maybe, but with Pep I just don't see it, I don't remember him ever playing a front 2. Anyway I can't see Kane leaving Spurs for another English team and Spurs would want at least as much as they got for Bale.
I reckon it's got to be a wide forward in the £60 -£70 mill bracket so Sanchez. Greizmann possibly Bale.

I think one of Pep's best attributes is his adaptability. He'll have just watched Leicester stroll the league with 2 up top, a strong defence and supportive midfield whilst the more fashionable formations of Chelsea and Liverpool struggled.

I think Spurs would demand a lot (British record), but not Bale cash. He was carrying them single handed.

I like the idea of wide forwards but worry about our squad depth. If we sign a Sanchez or Griezmann and play him and Sterling on the flanks, that only leaves an ageing Navas as a senior reserve, and Jesus is far from good in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.