The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's no coincidence that we don't seem to have announced Ilkay's squad number, I can see both Nasri and Fernando leaving and Thiago taking 6 and Gundogan 8

Find it hilarious that the mirror have stated that we have not yet been able to attract a galactic like united have in ibrahimovic.

I'm don't understand football at the moment.

Leicester win the league, we get beat by Iceland, teams are turning down insane bids for average players, Wales in the semis and the shit signing a 34year old is something to boast about.

It's about perception though. Everybody who even casually follows football and jumps on various media bandwagons has heard of Ibrahimovic. Far fewer have heard of Gundogan and he's certainly not classed by many as a 'world star'. He may make a greater contribution to our team than Ibra does to theirs, who knows, but purely in terms of image there's no contest.

Given that City are trying to get more marketing exposure and sponsorship in China, US, etc, I find it odd that we haven't signed a major world star. We only have Kun in that bracket, we need someone else now that makes the footballing world sit up and notice us, and will improve the team. A small list, but any of Suarez, Neymar, Pogba, Bale, Müller or Aubameyang would do. We need this, not only to challenge for the title but to grow as a brand.

It's about perception though. Everybody who even casually follows football and jumps on various media bandwagons has heard of Ibrahimovic. Far fewer have heard of Gundogan and he's certainly not classed by many as a 'world star'. He may make a greater contribution to our team than Ibra does to theirs, who knows, but purely in terms of image there's no contest.

Given that City are trying to get more marketing exposure and sponsorship in China, US, etc, I find it odd that we haven't signed a major world star. We only have Kun in that bracket, we need someone else now that makes the footballing world sit up and notice us, and will improve the team. A small list, but any of Suarez, Neymar, Pogba, Bale, Müller or Aubameyang would do. We need this, not only to challenge for the title but to grow as a brand.
Won't be a major star but a style play that will grow the brand

That only works if the star can deliver on the pitch. Bale and Ronaldo did. I don't think Ibra will at 35. It might get their fans excited now, but I think City, Liverpool, Arsenal fans etc are even happier that Utd's main striker next season is going to be 35.

Weah was an icon. Counted for nothing when the season began. We've seen Ibra twice last season. We've seen him at the Euros. We know who he is now. Utd fans don't. they are just dreaming. But season is weeks away. They'll see soon enough

That only works if the star can deliver on the pitch. Bale and Ronaldo did. I don't think Ibra will at 35. It might get their fans excited now, but I think City, Liverpool, Arsenal fans etc are even happier that Utd's main striker next season is going to be 35.

Weah was an icon. Counted for nothing when the season began. We've seen Ibra twice last season. We've seen him at the Euros. We know who he is now. Utd fans don't. they are just dreaming. But season is weeks away. They'll see soon enough
Exactly. Ibra is already 35 years old, and he has to adapt to a physically-demanding league that is completely new to him. Not saying that he'll definitely be a flop but there's higher chance of him not performing to standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.