The Arndale Centre

Apart from going on occasion to the hole in the wall facing Exchange Square I've only been in it once in the last umpteen years, that was to the micro pub with my lad.

So if £'s spent per capita for Grt Manchester's population mirrored mine it'd be shut already.

Walked through it today and is slowly turning into stretford Armadale. I also see that the share price of Intu who own it is now at an all time low. Valued at just 164 million.

I thinks its demise could be a once in a generation opportunity for Manchester to demolish it and rebuild and form new streets at the heart of the city centre.

Does anyone else think it is coming to its natural end and we can finally rid the city of this monstrosity for good?
Your just thinking about how many apartments you can get on the site ;-)

These centres are going to rely on “experiences” for their futures like food, entertainment and events. I rarely just go to a shopping centre to browse unless it’s Christmas and look a lot online.

but if there is an event in a store or the centre then I’ll maybe attend. Could just be a milliniual thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.