The backroom staff and the russian substitute warm up.

Tree

Just logged on for the first time since yesterday's shower of shite..

Not been through the hundreds of Hughes posts and the failings of our Leslie, yes I agree there are many..

however an point that has struck me with Hughes is this. Of all the quality players and managers he has worked with down the years, why the hell are his assistants people we've almost never heard of? Kevin Hitchcock - second rate Chelsea keeper is a strange one. I can really see Shay looking to him for tips!! But the other two are even worse. Eddie Nidzweki???? (don't know if that's the correct spelling and can't be bothered anyhow) Who the? What the? and what qualifications?? Mark Bowen?? Same applies....

I any organisation the staff need to respect the management and there achievements. I can't see that any of our current squad would respect whatever modest achievements these three have between them.

One thing that has struck me this season is the farcical warm up routine before the games. I think it's Mark Bowen leading half the squad at a time in what looks like the 70's Russian subs warm up Soccer AM style! It looks like the kind of farcical shit you would see a load of Sunday morning beer monsters doing these days, not the type of thing you'd expect to see today's mega fit footballers do. I watched the faces of the players on the TV's under the stands yesterday and to a man, they all looked bored shitless. I know a warm up is needed, but it shouldn't be that outdated crap that looks like it sends half the squad to sleep.

Hughes?? Yes he's been there and done it as a player.
BUT. Putting last seasons disgrace aside. This season is slipping away again, the players seem to start the season really well and self motivated, but then the reality kicks in again. Yesterday he couldn't see that we needed to change things at half time yesterday. Tempo too fast?? Barry off for Johnson?? Takes Tevez off for Rigsby, then switches wings?? Two unused Subs again???? No plan B, tactical thinking...
Is it just Hughes? or is he also being failed by his under qualified mates on the bench?

There all mates from his chelski days.

Personally i'd have Brian Kidd on the bench with him as i think he's tactically one of the best coaches going.

I don't think his fitness regime can be questioned. His Blackburn team was the fittest in the league, they could press continusouly for 90 minutes week after week. I remember watching them and thinking 'wow, they never stop running.'

As for his tactical nouse. Well, it's one thing not making the right decisions at the right time. But to make changes that actively hurt the team is something else.

I think they're all highly qualified as far as courses and the like go.

The value of those qualifications I guess is questionable.

Tree said:

Not been through the hundreds of Hughes posts and the failings of our Leslie, yes I agree there are many..

however an point that has struck me with Hughes is this. Of all the quality players and managers he has worked with down the years, why the hell are his assistants people we've almost never heard of? Kevin Hitchcock - second rate Chelsea keeper is a strange one. I can really see Shay looking to him for tips!! But the other two are even worse. Eddie Nidzweki???? (don't know if that's the correct spelling and can't be bothered anyhow) Who the? What the? and what qualifications?? Mark Bowen?? Same applies....

I any organisation the staff need to respect the management and there achievements. I can't see that any of our current squad would respect whatever modest achievements these three have between them.

One thing that has struck me this season is the farcical warm up routine before the games. I think it's Mark Bowen leading half the squad at a time in what looks like the 70's Russian subs warm up Soccer AM style! It looks like the kind of farcical shit you would see a load of Sunday morning beer monsters doing these days, not the type of thing you'd expect to see today's mega fit footballers do. I watched the faces of the players on the TV's under the stands yesterday and to a man, they all looked bored shitless. I know a warm up is needed, but it shouldn't be that outdated crap that looks like it sends half the squad to sleep.

BUT. Putting last seasons disgrace aside. This season is slipping away again, the players seem to start the season really well and self motivated, but then the reality kicks in again. Yesterday he couldn't see that we needed to change things at half time yesterday. Tempo too fast?? Barry off for Johnson?? Takes Tevez off for Rigsby, then switches wings?? Two unused Subs again???? No plan B, tactical thinking...
Is it just Hughes? or is he also being failed by his under qualified mates on the bench?

Your argument is totally flawed. Please list the managerial achievements of all the great players and the playing achievements of all the great managers.

Dobsy87 said:
I don't think his fitness regime can be questioned. His Blackburn team was the fittest in the league, they could press continusouly for 90 minutes week after week. I remember watching them and thinking 'wow, they never stop running.'

As for his tactical nouse. Well, it's one thing not making the right decisions at the right time. But to make changes that actively hurt the team is something else.

Dobsy. Yes I agree that they are mega fit, not questioning that at all. My point is doing the silly group exercises in a conga line behind Bowen is just laughable. Boring the players just before a game probably isn't the best preparation. Have a look at the next game..

molineuxblue said:
Tree said:

Your argument is totally flawed. Please list the managerial achievements of all the great players and the playing achievements of all the great managers.

eh? ok, I'll just mention a few that, individually, have more qualifications than the mates put together. Zola, Bruce, Ince, Hoddle, Gullit, Vialli, Wise. etc. All have more managerial achievements just by being managers!! Also achievers as players, names... people that the players may look up to..

Tree said:
molineuxblue said:
But then you have ince,adams,platt,etc all great players but shite managers i dont think the 2 necessarilly go hand in hand

eh? ok, I'll just mention a few that, individually, have more qualifications than the mates put together. Zola, Bruce, Ince, Hoddle, Gullit, Vialli, Wise. etc. All have more managerial achievements just by being managers!! Also achievers as players, names... people that the players may look up to..

Trigger said:
Mourinho had that world beater Steve Clarke, now with Zola
Benitas has Sammy Lee

and Ferguson has Mike Phelan!

Sorry but I dont see where you are coming from on this.

Where I'm coming from? where you there yesterday or last season. The four of them are a £200m joke.

Phelan? Utd are tactically aware successful.. and he doesn't have them parading around like a pub side before the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.